All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ayyalos

My H1B expires in NOV i had visa stamp... can i travel in june..

Hi Guys , can i travel in june and i can come back because if i go in june than i will be having 4 months to expire ....i am little worried regarding port of entry ......

if i apply for extension in may it will be too early for extension and if i apply extension in may also can i leave country with the new 797 and old visa stamp or do i need to attend consulate again ....(i dont want to that)

please guys help me

Last November, I went to my home country with only 1.5 months remaining on my H-1B visa (not status). I did not renew, and I did not have any issues at the PoE.

Since you have an H1- stamp, you need to confirm when the visa stamp expires. If you're Indian, typically the visa stamp will span the I-797 approval period. However for some countries such as China, etc, the visa stamp is shorter. For example a Chinese might only get visa stamp for a period of 12 months even though the I-797 approval is for 3 years.

So far as your visa stamp has not expired, you can travel in and out. If it's expired and you're outside the country, you can't come in unless you first get another stamp.