Mumbai - Case StatusTracker

mantmo

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Ashukla:

Very sorry to hear about your case. I believe you were in E-C relationship? Also can you please check your H1B status and let us know what it says?

Try to file a new H1 with the client itself and see what happens.

Yes I am in EC model, today I recieved a notification email from USCIS that they have received my case on April 2nd.

well in my case client is a State Government and they can not hire H1 guys as their direct employee, so this option will not work here.

@Ashukla:

Also as per your previous post you said that you were given white slip. Can you please let us know what were the docs they asked you to submit.

They asked for the following docs:-

1. copy of contract between petitioner and client
  2. client letter
  3. answers on question of EER from the employer.

I did not find any 221G blue from Mumbai consulate whose admin process completed and got visa. There are lots of people from 221G white/yellow – Mumbai consulate whose admin process completed and received VISA.

Has anyone received visa after 221G blue from Mumbai consulate ?

HI Guys,

I have received an email today form Mumbai consulate today

(Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time. )

My Case :

Feb 16th : Attended Visa Interview In Mumbai Consulate and received 221g Blue

March 12th : Submitted all the documents in VFS Hyderabad

April 9th : Received email from Mumbai consulate to submit passport

COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS A POSITIVE SIGN ?? DID ANTYOF YOU GUYS HAD SIMILAR SITUATION??

Thanks

Sriyans

No update from my side too...

Interview date : 12-DEC-2011

221G blue - Employer and client side docs

Doc subminted : 23-DEC-2011

Client contacted by USCIS/DOS and submited required docs by client : 27-JAN-2012

Model : EC

Mantmo and Everyone

Has USCIS/DOS contacted your client ?

Still waiting

Interview date : Jan 23 2012

221G yellow - no docs asked.....some docs were collected during interview itself

Model : EVC

I had contacted consulate/VFS for updates a month back and called DOS this week and their reply was "case is pending".

I know EVC is risky but i have seen many cases on this forum and also my friends being approved. DOnt know why i am stuck.

Is anyone thinking of alternative options? Am just curious what is everyone upto in India while waiting on this 221g....cause i m just getting bored n stressed out waiting, dont know how long.....any suggestions?

Hello Guys,

F1 - H1 , EVC Model , H1 Amendment Done , No Bench from the last 4 years , Received 221g Blue Mumbai .

Recap

16 Feb : Went for Visa Interview in Mumbai , got 221g Blue

13 Mar : Submitted all documents (was delayed as the VO asked all the bank statements starting from my H1B period which was almost from last 3 years)

13 April : Received Email from Mumbai Consulate to Submit Passport for Final Processing

14 April : Received Passport with VISA Stamped

Hope everyone gets there 221G cleared soon . Just pray to god and be patient .

Once again this forum gave me lots of confidence and information which was much needed for me .

Thank You Guys

Sriyans

Hi ashukla,

I was refering this blog about your interview and 221G and found that you have received 221G white form. You had submitted documents to VFS. I found new things from following Mumbai consulate link. Who ever received white 221G form from mumbai consulate, they have to go consulate for visa interview again and further visa processing.please refere following link for 221G white form.

Does visa office told you to submit documents to VFS ?

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/221g-administrative-processing.html

@Ashukla

Very sorry for your case!!!

ATB for your future plans!

My Case:

Interview attended : March 29th

221g issued : Yellow (consular haven't asked any documents and I haven't submitted any)

Model : EVC

Unfortunately I lost my 221g hard copy and I have only a softcopy( which is Ok not so good in clarity). But I know the number to check my status on pdf.

Appreciate your advise on to get other copy of 221g.

Hi ashukla,

I was refering this blog about your interview and 221G and found that you have received 221G white form. You had submitted documents to VFS. I found new things from following Mumbai consulate link. Who ever received white 221G form from mumbai consulate, they have to go consulate for visa interview again and further visa processing.please refere following link for 221G white form.

Does visa office told you to submit documents to VFS ?

http://mumbai.uscons...processing.html

I really appreciate your concern :), I also had the same question regarding the white slip weather I have to submit the docs or need to go personally but on the slip itself it was written to submit the docs to neares VFS location. I believe they didn not updated the website from an ages, Moreover the slip I received was captioned with Mumbai consulate but at the bottom it ask you to visit the link for Hyderabad Consulate for more details. So basically the slip itself doesnt belong to the Mumbai Consulate.

Interview date : 27-Feb-2012

221G Yellow - VO kept LCA and I-129

After 2 weeks, got email saying my case has sent to KCC.

Model : EC

Result : no update yet

Has USCIS/DOS contacted your client ? Is there any alternative ?

Did you checked on the USCIS website that on which date they received your case, because in my case there is so much discrepancy. so just keep looking all over weather the USCIS have received your case or not.

Hi,

I had to do the H1 amendment (premium processing) to add the client location and received it 3 - 4 days before visiting India.

Interview date : Jan 19, 2012

221G : Yellow slip (no documents asked)

docs submission date:

Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website : Still Waiting

I have emailed the VFS many times but I am getting the same standard reply that case is still under pending status.

Please let me know if anyone had any similar case.

@ praveenpadman - Is your case approved or its still pending?

Regards,

Amit

Archived