Mumbai - Case StatusTracker

mantmo

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashukla & All,

You mean to say that we need to send the email to vfs helpline that is mentioned on their website and they send our query to the Mumbai consulate, after getting the status from the Mumbai consulate they send that response back to us.

What I was trying to ask you is there any direct email where we can forward our request to the Mumbai consulate?

@Ashukla & All,

You mean to say that we need to send the email to vfs helpline that is mentioned on their website and they send our query to the Mumbai consulate, after getting the status from the Mumbai consulate they send that response back to us.

What I was trying to ask you is there any direct email where we can forward our request to the Mumbai consulate?

I am not sure about the direct email address for mumbai consulate, I am using the VFS email for same.

BTW, I submitted my passport on early morning of Feb-29, and still haven't got it back with the visa. Not that I'm in a hurry, but I called the VFS yesterday (Mar-9), and they said they will contact the consulate to find out where my passport is.

Finally, the passport has been delivered with the visa.

• Interview date: 02-Feb-2012
  • 221G (color and docs asked): Green, tech alert related docs (publication list, research details, etc)
  • Docs submission date: 08-Feb-2012
  • Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website: 24-Feb-2012
  • Date submitted the passport to VFS: 29-Feb-2012
  • Date received the passport with visa: 15-Feb-2012

@ashukla,

They asked me for my scanned copy of 221g in an email too and its been more than a week and i have not received any response from them. I called the VFS and they said they haven't received any response from consulate.

Should i send them a followup email?

do you have any updates over the same, I am trying to get a response from the consulate and nothing has been received yet.I feel they are busy enough to keep us helpless.

today I recieved the response from the VFS that my case is under admin processing, got damn it I know that but what about the docs weather consulate loacated it or what............................... I am very much frustrated with this now, no transperancy in this process one day they said I didnt submitted the document, when I replied with the proof of submission, now they are saying your case is under admin process, totally insane.

DO NOT RELY ON THEIR RESPONSE BECAUSE EVEN THEY ARE NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING

All

I called up the USCIS. After fiddling my way around the recorded information finally got through to live assistance. (which infact is very tricky you need to select option for changing address). And when i put in my case status ( H1B receipt) the asked me if i am employee or employer. I said employee,so the Customer care rep said "we can provide information only to the employer at this point of time". I conveyed this to my employer and hopefully they will call and check with them to see if there is any information that we dont know that they have.

Also, do any case which go to USCIS for reaffirmation actually gets resolved? This is just for me to look at other avenues

Thanks

Praveen

Dear Forum Members,

Background: In US since 2000 (5 yrs F, 1 yr OPT, 5 yrs H1B, EB1 140 approved a week back)

My case:

Interview for H1B @ Mumbai consulate: 21 Feb, 2012

Issued two 221g (yellow: for making new passport | blue: for Research details)

Submitted documents for 221g blue via email: 28 Feb, 2012

Case status # in Mumbai consulate PDF: 16 Mar, 2012

Submitted new passport with both 221g forms, I-797, paid courier fees: 19 Mar, 2012

Current status: still waiting for passport to be returned (no updates from VFS yet)

Questions:

1) Since my case status # showed on the Mumbai consulate PDF, does this imply they have approved my visa?

2) How long (# of days) does the Mumbai consulate usually take to return passports after submitting at VFS center.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

@ Ashukla & All:

I sent out an email to the consulate asking my current status last week. Today I got the status that my case is still in Admin processing.

Almost 69 days have been passed I am not sure how much more time it will take for them to clear my case....... Any thoughts ??

I don't know what kind a bias is this but causing me so much of frustation.

I am on L1 visa and in US at present. My wife and kid travel to India in Jan'12. She got inverviewed for L2 stamping on 21st Feb 2012 she got 221g yellow asking Copy of husbands visa and legal status. Second time she submitted more detailed documents and got back 221g with same reason on Mar 14th 2012.

• Interview date : 21st Feb 2012
  • 221G (color and docs asked) : Yellow
  • docs submission date: Mar 5th 2012
  • Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website : Never

I got to US in Dec 2007 after that I travelled once and my stamping in not valid after 2010 but I have valid I-94 and I-979 valid thru Oct 2012. We submitted below documents but they are not looking at all docs or whoever is looking doesnt understand what he is looking at. I dont know those people should not take job if they dont understand anything.

If anybody has any idea or similar experience please lt me know.

All

I called up the USCIS. After fiddling my way around the recorded information finally got through to live assistance. (which infact is very tricky you need to select option for changing address). And when i put in my case status ( H1B receipt) the asked me if i am employee or employer. I said employee,so the Customer care rep said "we can provide information only to the employer at this point of time". I conveyed this to my employer and hopefully they will call and check with them to see if there is any information that we dont know that they have.

Also, do any case which go to USCIS for reaffirmation actually gets resolved? This is just for me to look at other avenues

Thanks

Praveen

USCIS may take any where between one month to a year, moreover it may go beyond a year. So there is no such timeline for this.

Dear Forum Members,

Background: In US since 2000 (5 yrs F, 1 yr OPT, 5 yrs H1B, EB1 140 approved a week back)

My case:

Interview for H1B @ Mumbai consulate: 21 Feb, 2012

Submitted documents for 221g blue via email: 28 Feb, 2012

Case status # in Mumbai consulate PDF: 16 Mar, 2012

Submitted new passport with both 221g forms, I-797, paid courier fees: 19 Mar, 2012

Current status: still waiting for passport to be returned (no updates from VFS yet)

Questions:

1) Since my case status # showed on the Mumbai consulate PDF, does this imply they have approved my visa?

2) How long (# of days) does the Mumbai consulate usually take to return passports after submitting at VFS center.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

1. Yes there is very high chaces of your visa is approved.

2. Generally it takes any where between 3-5 days after that you can contact the VFS for same.

@ Ashukla & All:

I sent out an email to the consulate asking my current status last week. Today I got the status that my case is still in Admin processing.

Almost 69 days have been passed I am not sure how much more time it will take for them to clear my case....... Any thoughts ??

No thoughts buddy, now they are in control of our situations where we cant do any thing, it all depends on their mercy. Keep the hopes alive and pray.

1. Yes there is very high chaces of your visa is approved.

2. Generally it takes any where between 3-5 days after that you can contact the VFS for same.

Thanks much ashukla. For the readers of this forum, below is re-summary of my 221g experience.

Background: In US since 2000 (5 yrs F1, 1 yr OPT, 5 yrs H1B, with current employer since Feb-2010, EB1 I-140 approved mid-Mar 2012). I had two successful visa stampings before (F1 and H1B) without 221g.

Field of work: Research in Clinical Microbiology.

My case:

Intended visit to India: 18-Feb to 18-Mar, 2012

Interview for H1B at Mumbai consulate: 21-Feb, 2012

As required, submitted documents for 221g blue via email: 28-Feb, 2012

Case status (CEAC) # in Mumbai consulate PDF: 16-Mar, 2012

Submitted new & old passport with both 221g forms, copy of I-797, print-out of case status PDF showing my #, paid courier fees (Rs 180/-): 19-Mar, 2012

Current status: Received passport with stamped visa via Blue Dart: 23-Mar, 2012 (Please note: I did not know if my visa was approved until I actually opened the passport. At no point during the waiting period I could get access to information from VFS or directly from US consulate which confirmed approval).

Additional comments: the uncertainty and waiting-period to hear from the US consulate was painful, especially since I have spent 11 years in the US and accumulated significant assets. Another downside was that after my official vacation was over, I have been on unpaid leave and had to reschedule tickets. I wish the process was more predictable and transparent to visa applicants. Although I am relieved now, I can relate to everyone waiting for their 221g to clear successfully. I earnestly hope you get to travel as planned.

All not a good news to share but here is the final words I heared from the consulate-

"

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate please note that based on the documents you submitted to us and the information elicited in your interview with an American Consular officer, they were not able to issue you an H1B work visa as the Post believes that the petitioner is unable or unwilling to provide qualifying employment and will not be able to maintain the employer-employee relationship. Therefore, your application has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) on March 20, 2012. Once KCC receives a petition, it returns to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. Please direct all future inquiries regarding this case to the approving USCIS office."

Intresting point is until 9th of march they didnt find my documents, which I submitted on Jan 30. When I sent them the VFS reciept as a proof of my submission then they were able to found the docs and reviewed instantly...............crazy man then decided to send it back to KCC. What exactly this allows us to have a picture of their intentions.

Any ways on a different note thanks all for your time, support and guidance through all the tough times I went through.......... I wish all the very best to those who are still struggling with these Consulates. :)

All not a good news to share but here is the final words I heared from the consulate-

"

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate please note that based on the documents you submitted to us and the information elicited in your interview with an American Consular officer, they were not able to issue you an H1B work visa as the Post believes that the petitioner is unable or unwilling to provide qualifying employment and will not be able to maintain the employer-employee relationship. Therefore, your application has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) on March 20, 2012. Once KCC receives a petition, it returns to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. Please direct all future inquiries regarding this case to the approving USCIS office."

Intresting point is until 9th of march they didnt find my documents, which I submitted on Jan 30. When I sent them the VFS reciept as a proof of my submission then they were able to found the docs and reviewed instantly...............crazy man then decided to send it back to KCC. What exactly this allows us to have a picture of their intentions.

Any ways on a different note thanks all for your time, support and guidance through all the tough times I went through.......... I wish all the very best to those who are still struggling with these Consulates. :)

@Ashukla... that is not something you want to hear after such a tense and frustrating wait. What are you planning to do next? I ask this because i think i am also going to get the same response..

Funny thing is my case also was received on march 9th.. am wondering if all Jan cases are being sent after a couple of months!

Anyways Hope is the only option

Archived