• Created
  • Last Reply

My passport was issued today...:) :)

Interview date : Feb 17,2012

ppt issued : Mar 5, 2012

common Muslim name : Yes

waiting for passport delivery

all the best for every one :) :)

Congrats!!!! this thread is now producing good news as well with a great hope all of us will be cleared in next couple of days.

Anybady know what is the diffrence of diffrent colour of Form.

I have received blue form and request document about my employer, client, and contracts. Some has received yellow and some white. what is the diffrence between these colour.

Earlier I used to believe there is a difference. Actually theres no difference and all you have to do is wait no matter which color you get. It takes few days to forever irrespective of the color.

I was following this thread right from start and it started giving me jitters. My H1 petition was approved and I am getting a stamping date in 3 weeks time from Mumbai Consulate. After reading all of your post, it looks like more or less half the people are getting 221g.

I will keep my fingers crossed!!

Hello everyone,

I went for first time H1B stamping on Feb 7th and received a 221g green slip (TAL). I e-mailed documents on the same day (resume, research info etc), and have been waiting since then for my CEAC# to appear in the list. I have been silently following the Murthy forum since then. I have a PhD is Biological Sciences from a US university and am currently working as a postdoc (diabetes, obesity) in a top tier Medical School. I am losing valuable research time, and was forced to take unpaid leave. It has been over a month now and I am getting disheartened. I thought that TAL cases were the quickest to be resolved (< 3 weeks). Anybody in my boat?

All,

Not a good sign but still wanted to share it, I was in the communication with the consulate about my case firstly they said that my case is pending for the reason of 221G, later on they asked me to send the 221G letter, I sent the letter to them and in the response I recieved the following.

"

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate please note since your 221g letter clearly states that you need to submit the necessary documents at VFS Centre, please visit the VFS Centre for the same and you need to pay VFS logistic fee of Rs 180. And if you are applying for H / L visa, then you also need to submit a photocopy of I 797 and I – 129 (if applicable)

"

If you are able to locate my first post then you can conclude that on what date I have submitted the document or if not that just as an information I submitted the docs on Jan 30 2012. Moreover when I called the VFS previously (it was over the phone) than they told me that we have received your docs and they were forwarded to consulate.

I am completely out of sense that what does it mean, is this carelessness or just another face of shrude politics. after more than a month multipule email exchange finally they are saying that I did not submitted the docs. Does any one has the dare to lie about this.

I would suggest please keep the communication alive with the consulate although you have submitted the docs and waiting because you never know what is actually going on.

I am completely out of sense that what does it mean, is this carelessness or just another face of shrude politics. after more than a month multipule email exchange finally they are saying that I did not submitted the docs. Does any one has the dare to lie about this.

I would say simple carelessness. If they were any better, they wouldn't be punching buttons behind the counter. From my experience, Mumbai's VFS/consulate is not as professional as Delhi's. BTW, I submitted my passport on early morning of Feb-29, and still haven't got it back with the visa. Not that I'm in a hurry, but I called the VFS yesterday (Mar-9), and they said they will contact the consulate to find out where my passport is. I wouldn't be surprised if they have lost it somehow...

Earlier I used to believe there is a difference. Actually theres no difference and all you have to do is wait no matter which color you get. It takes few days to forever irrespective of the color.

Below is what I have always noticed. Not sure about white and pink.

Yellow - background check

Blue - company verification

Green - technology check (TAL)

Hello everyone, Below is the response i got from vfs mumbai. I know it means that decision is upto USCIS to either reaffirm my visa or reject it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at their office.

Regards,

Sairam

U.S VFS Helpdesk Team

Do all issues go to Kentucky Consular Center or is it for specific reviews?

Has anyone here got any information about the kentucky consular center?

Thanks

Praveen

Hello everyone, Below is the response i got from vfs mumbai. I know it means that decision is upto USCIS to either reaffirm my visa or reject it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at their office.

Regards,

Sairam

U.S VFS Helpdesk Team

Do all issues go to Kentucky Consular Center or is it for specific reviews?

Has anyone here got any information about the kentucky consular center?

Thanks

Praveen

Generally all case which suppose to be returned to USCIS will first go to KCC, after initial review it depends on their decision that they may forward the case to the concerning USCIS center to review or to the DOS for furhter processing, depends on their decicision.

Praveen, i do understand that this is a very tough time but pleaes share your working model is it EC or EVC.

@ashukla,

They asked me for my scanned copy of 221g in an email too and its been more than a week and i have not received any response from them. I called the VFS and they said they haven't received any response from consulate.

Should i send them a followup email?

I would say you should wait untill you hear back, but by the end of this week i.e friday just send an email over the same chain siimpy asking for any updates.

@ Ashukla:

What is the best way to know that our case has been sent to USCIS once again. Week before I received email from vfs mumbai that my case is still under Admin processing. Note that as per vfs they got this response from consulate.

There is no particular way out there to know about this, but I would suggest keep the communication alive with the consulate atleast bi weekly basis send an email because there is no particular way to know about the status, you never know what you going to recieve as a response. Set an email alert on USCIS website for your case just in case if they recieve it then this helps to notify you.

Consulate will never initiate to send out any information from their end so it is only us who suppose to request for update on a regular interval, you can see there is a possibility that they may deny that you submitted the docs, which happened with me, I am quite upset with such response while someone is doing all he can and they are saying that you didnt submitted the docs, simply !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Praveenpadman:

Also can you please check the status of your H1B (on uscis website your h1b receipt number & let us know the status of it).

its POST Decision Activity

Post Decision Activity

On March 9, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

@ Praveenpadman:

So you got the response form vfs office Mumbai (I am assuming they contacted the Mumbai Consulate).

Are you on EVC ? or EC or with direct client?

I am on EC model. I am direclty hired to work with system integrator. so i believe it's EC ..Yes the response was by Vfs...

currently my H1B is in post decision activity. They received my case on 9th march while my interview was on jan 18th, What they were doing for so many days i have no clue.

On a different note, I would like to thank you all for the support. even if there is no good news at least the support is of some consolation on a otherwise tense time here.

Thanks

Praveen

@ Ashukla:

Thanks for the response. I am not sure what email address we need to use in order to reach out the Mumbai consulate. Can you please let us know the email address of the consulate as it has so many and we don't want to send our email to the wrong email address.

Archived