Mumbai - Case StatusTracker

mantmo

@areeb- as per to your earlier post, you appeared for interview on Jan 12, just give a chek in jan pdf also because trend they are following is on daily basis like they cleared 10 cases today so all of them will appear in 24 Feb date under Feb Pdf, and those ten cases may appeared in different month for interview.

so barcode appearance on a pdf file means they cleared this case on this date regardless of on which date case was initiated, so just give a random check by searching your number in Jan and Feb as of now, and keep looking for daily updates on case status tracker.

I would say consulates websites are getting more hits then any other websites :)

@mantmo- there hangover is hanging us, :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@areeb, @ashukla

Ya I read one case somewhere, someone kept looking for latest months file to check his number and after 3 months he realised it was updated in his interview months file. So for eg. your interview was in Jan then keep looking for all subsequent files starting from Jan.

As it is this visa stamping process is so flawed, out of frustration I even open previous month file sometimes! You never know!!

@man1975- yes you can expect an email from VFS but in case you CEAC has appeared on the PDF files but you have not received the email from the VFS then just go with the print out of that pdf file along with other documents required and submit your passport, certainly you can do that. afterall we all how VFS does work.

@man 1975.......I don't think we will get an email. But i read on some other forums that couple of folks did get an email.

But it is nowhere stated that we will get an email. Just keep checking your CEAC barcode on the mentioned site.

Can someone confirm.?

@mantmo.....the whole visa system/process is definetly flawed and very inefficient.....how about creating more jobs in that area and making efforts to make the system more efficient to start with?

Indeed very frustrating.

@man_1975: I have no idea whether we will get an email or not.

@ Ashukla & all:

What is the best way to track our application.

Is it VFS website or calling the VFS hotline or sending an email to the VFS ?

When I track my application over the VFS website it says :" your passport is under process at US consulate"

Can you all let me know what is your status when you track your application ?

@areeb- there is no particular step to track you application, and exact status. All we can do is just keep check the cosulate website for case status report. MY case status also shows the same message over the VFS site.

Sending an email to VFS will not cost any thing but 99.9% you will receive a standard reply template of their reply. Calling will also result the same.

@areeb- there is no particular step to track you application, and exact status. All we can do is just keep check the cosulate website for case status report. MY case status also shows the same message over the VFS site.

Sending an email to VFS will not cost any thing but 99.9% you will receive a standard reply template of their reply. Calling will also result the same.

@ashukla, where do you check the case status online? Please let me know. I do not see any option other than these PDF lists.

Thanks.

I sent an email to consulate i.e VFS with the CEAC barcode # and they got back to me asking for more details like passport number & HDFC barcode. I replied with the details & VFS in turn sent a reply to me that they have my details and will check about my case with the consulate.

One of my friends called the DOS to check on his status and they told him to call back in a week or so.......do you guys think i can directly call the DOS and find out about my case?i am not sure how they can help or if they will have my details, but maybe its worth a try?

Please suggest. I am not sure when will the VFS reply back and if the reply will even be helpful.

@ashukla, where do you check the case status online? Please let me know. I do not see any option other than these PDF lists.

Thanks.

@mantmo- actually there is no way around to check the status except the PDF file, although we were talking about the message displaying on VFS website where you can track your passport. sorry for the confusion

• Interview date: 02-Feb-2012
  • 221G (color and docs asked): Green, tech alert related docs (publication list, research details, etc)
  • Docs submission date: 02-Feb-2012 08-Feb-2012 (had ready but submitted later)
  • Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website: 24-Feb-2012 (saw on 28-Feb-2012, not in a hurry to go back)

• Interview date: 02-Feb-2012
  • 221G (color and docs asked): Green, tech alert related docs (publication list, research details, etc)
  • Docs submission date: 02-Feb-2012 08-Feb-2012 (had ready but submitted later)
  • Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website: 24-Feb-2012 (saw on 28-Feb-2012, not in a hurry to go back)

Thanks for giving us the details. Can you please tell us which work model you are in? Was it new visa/extension/transfer? Did you have any refusals/221gs earlier?

• Interview date; 28 Feb 2012
  • Model: EC
  • 221G (color and docs asked); Yellow, no documents asked. they kept a copy of I-129 and LCA.
  • docs submission date: --
  • Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website: still waiting.

The VO asked more than 25 questions, asked me to review and sign the document in which he had noted the questions asked and my answers. And then he gave yellow slip telling me that they have to do some mandatory Admin Processing and kept LCA and i-129. Asked me to check for the CEAC bar code number to appear on the case tracker

@asyed- FYI, my case is still pending with Consulate, around a month, but I do not have a common muslim name. In your case you should hear something in this week or next (just an assumption). Security check over the name may take upto 2 to 4 weeks. The who was at second counter must be an Indian?..........dont worry keep your hopes alive and wait with a good faith, thats all we can do.

Yes, person at second counter was indian.

@asyed- FYI, my case is still pending with Consulate, around a month, but I do not have a common muslim name. In your case you should hear something in this week or next (just an assumption). Security check over the name may take upto 2 to 4 weeks. The who was at second counter must be an Indian?..........dont worry keep your hopes alive and wait with a good faith, thats all we can do.

• Interview date; 28 Feb 2012
  • Model: EC
  • 221G (color and docs asked); Yellow, no documents asked. they kept a copy of I-129 and LCA.
  • docs submission date: --
  • Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website: still waiting.

The VO asked more than 25 questions, asked me to review and sign the document in which he had noted the questions asked and my answers. And then he gave yellow slip telling me that they have to do some mandatory Admin Processing and kept LCA and i-129. Asked me to check for the CEAC bar code number to appear on the case tracker

send an status update request email after couple of weeks, the reason I am asking after couple of weeks because at that time you will have an actual status of your case weather its in 221g or some thing else. You mentioned that they asked you to sign a document which has all the Q&A of interview, just curious does it had question also becuase in my case simply they typed my answers not the questions.

@ Ashukla & All:

We don't see any approval from the month of January as there are people in this forum who were interviewed on the first week of January. Also the approved CEAC barcodes in the website are not in a serial order.

For example we see AA0021, AA0022, AA0023 AND 24 ....... so on. The number is getting increased day by day but we dont see those numbers which are before 21, 22 etc.

Any thoughts........ ?

Thanks for giving us the details. Can you please tell us which work model you are in? Was it new visa/extension/transfer? Did you have any refusals/221gs earlier?

Not sure what you mean by work model. I'm not a consultant, if that's what you mean. I do pass on my work to consultants. So basically my compnay hires all kinds of consultants (its a well-known non-discretionary consumer products company). I wonder if that answers your question.

Yes, I had tech-alert 221g back in Nov-2008 too, which got cleared in Mar-2009. Had spent 4 months in a 5-star hotel with a chauffer driven car, so that I can "work" from the company's office in India. Had visited family every 2 weeks. Was looking for the same this time too, but have to cut it short now (kinda knew through company lawyers that it would take 4-6 weeks this time). I do realize how painful it could have been if I was in a different situation, so all the best to everyone!

@ Ashukla & All:

We don't see any approval from the month of January as there are people in this forum who were interviewed on the first week of January. Also the approved CEAC barcodes in the website are not in a serial order.

For example we see AA0021, AA0022, AA0023 AND 24 ....... so on. The number is getting increased day by day but we dont see those numbers which are before 21, 22 etc.

Any thoughts........ ?

Numbers which are getting cleared getting displayed, there is no ruel to follow this by number in the sereis, I have seen that till Friday the cleared some AA0020 and they have also cleared AA0026 last month, no issues even I had the same thought which you are having but later on I realized that they are not doing it in series.

I called up the VFS mumbai hotline and told them about my situation(221(g) Yellow slip). The customer rep asked me to send and email to infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com with my information (Passport number,CEAC Barcode and H1B Receipt number) and wait for the embassy to respond.

I dont know if this is of any help or use but no harm in trying i guess.

has anyone got any response before from the consulate/embassy?

Thanks

Praveen

Archived