2 RFEs on Medical X-ray report

samraony

Hello,

My PD is May 2007 from India. Applied for I-485 for myself, wife and child. In my medicals I was tested positive for PPD (TB skin test). Doctor had ordered to get a chest x-ray and the result was negative. So doctor had sent the I-693 along with fax copy of the X-Ray report.

On Jan 12th, I got an RFE asking me to submit X-Ray report on Official letter head along with Radiologist signature along with Birth Certificates for myself and wife. I sent the X-Ray report and copies of the Birth Certificates. Though the birth certificates were already submitted along with I-485. Probably USCIS might have lost them.

On Jan 30th, I got another RFE (Request for Additional Evidence) asking me to submit the X-Ray report. This is very confusing for me. I already submitted this when responding to first RFE. Can anyone in this forum help me understand why USCIS would ask me additional evidence on X-Ray report.

The earlier X-Ray report clearly stated the impression as "Negative Examination". Myself and my employer representative called USCIS several times but no useful information on the RFE.

We are responding to second RFE (or RAE) with X-Ray report. But this time our doctor advised that the Radiologist had added an explicit wording to clarify there is no active TB.

I do not have legal representative. My employer does have an experienced legal assistant but the person is not an attorney.

Wondering if anyone in the same boat or any attorneys reading this forum could advise based on their experience. I understand the disclaimer about your opinion is not a legal advise. I greatly appreciate any information you could provide.

Thank you,

Sam

Archived