Can i attend interview in Chennai? Please URGENT

sreddy_h1

Hi Everyone,

I attended a visa interview in May at Hyderabad Consulate and i got a yellow 221g. After 4 months it was sent back to USCIS which is till under processing. So my vendor applied for my H1 and it got approved for 1 yr. So now my I-797 has - Consulate Notified: Hyderabad.

Can i attend the visa interview at Chennai consulate instead of Hyd?

When i asked my attorney he said that the visa officer may ask me why didnt i go to Hyd Consulate and if i cannot give a valid reason he might reject my visa but i saw a lot of people attending 2nd time at different consulates rather the one in/near residing state.

I am so confused that i am not able to decide what to do as i have seen a lot of people getting rejected in Hyd so dont want to take the risk again but if the visa officers asks me like my attorney said i am not sure what to answer.

Please help me as i have all the documents in hand and waiting for booking an interview date.

Thanks In Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sreddy,

My Sincere suggestion "its better to schedule for "Chennai" consulate and no second opinion.

Hyderabad consulate officers have frame of my friend of "Denial" and nothing else ( this is not my opinion but fact based on so many ppl's experiences).

Please test the waters in "Chennai". we all know US Visa is "Game of Luck"...So Good Luck...

since its already more than 6 months in india, you have to visit the consulate according to your place of residence, your attorney is certainly have a good point, in case of question that "why did you choose chennai", you must present a valid answer like you are living nearby or working in chennai.

very true tha HYD has a very bad record in visa approval but stil think of all the possibilities and give it a shot, wish you all the best,

My suggestion also (go to Chennai)....

Its true that they will have all your information where ever you go.

You can say - you didn't get earliest appointment at Hyd, client/company need you asap and VFS guys told you can go anywhere (which is true - not a fake reason).

At least chennai VO are looking into your application and documents submitted and try to evaluate your case and put RFE if they need more information. Hyd VO's just have mind set of Rejection.

You might have already gone thro. Employer Employee Memo 01082010

But go thro. it again thoroughly section - Documentaton to Establish the employer-employee relationship - Initial Petition. and Eleven questions on Page 11 - Evidence of Employer-Employee Relationship.

They will ask the same old questions and see how it is different from your previous case.

Everyone case is unique and information provided in forums is for your information purpose only, you have to analyze the suitition and make the right call at the right time.

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I attended a visa interview in May at Hyderabad Consulate and i got a yellow 221g. After 4 months it was sent back to USCIS which is till under processing. So my vendor applied for my H1 and it got approved for 1 yr. So now my I-797 has - Consulate Notified: Hyderabad.

Can i attend the visa interview at Chennai consulate instead of Hyd?

When i asked my attorney he said that the visa officer may ask me why didnt i go to Hyd Consulate and if i cannot give a valid reason he might reject my visa but i saw a lot of people attending 2nd time at different consulates rather the one in/near residing state.

I am so confused that i am not able to decide what to do as i have seen a lot of people getting rejected in Hyd so dont want to take the risk again but if the visa officers asks me like my attorney said i am not sure what to answer.

Please help me as i have all the documents in hand and waiting for booking an interview date.

Thanks In Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sreddy_h1,

Which Consulate have you attended?

Archived