All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
patas

221g white Hyd. Waiting for passport

Interview Date:22nd Dec ,2012--> Given 221g --> asked to send reply to sample questionnaire by email. Replied next business day.

Case Update:19-Jan-2012 --> Requested to Send Passport

Today --> Still waiting?

How long will it take to get the passport with visa stamp on it?

I am not really sure why consulate kept my passport for 4 weeks and how many more days it will be stuck with tjem. I can't travel to other country for project (I missed few opportunities in Canada).

My passport is with hyderabad consulate from Nov 14th 2011. they requested it after 2 months after my interview which was on 9th Sep 2011..

no reply fom them till now.

I personally handed over the passport at VFS office in Hyderabad. I tried calling / emailing them. The only standard answer I get - It is under administrative processing and we are not sure how many days / months it will take. I extended my tickets once and planning to extend once more to the last valid date.

I personally handed over the passport at VFS office in Hyderabad. I tried calling / emailing them. The only standard answer I get - It is under administrative processing and we are not sure how many days / months it will take. I extended my tickets once and planning to extend once more to the last valid date.

patas please drop me your email address or phone number.

I am in the same situation......

EC - Interview was excellent, the guy was very friendly. My wife and kid got H4 visa but I am still waiting :-(.

Talked to VFS, as per them - my case is in final processing (I don't know how they got that info). Similar case got processed in 2 months. My friend with 221g green at Mumbai got his passport back after 3 months of interview. He got his passport within 1 week of submissio at Mumbai.

Planning to call DOS thru my attorney. It might speed up the case OR at least I know the status where it stands as of today.

There is no direct email to Consulate. It goes thru VFS. I got standard reply today as I received 10 days ago. I talked to VFS again to know where I stand. Similar cases resolved in 1.5 months to 2 months. I was pretty optimistic something will click this week. I need to reschedule my tickets :-(.