Successful H1 and H4 stamping at Mumbai

USADreams

Hi everyone I would like to share my experience with my wife at mumbai consulate on 3rd feb 2012 10am .

I am full time employee of company and my company had declined to provide company's tax and employee documents so I was quite worried.

My Interview was at 10am and I reached at 9:15 and there was already a really long line there so I will suggest you guys to reach earlier than that. We entered inside at around 9:30am . 

Inside there were already so many people  waiting for token.

First finger prints were taken for me and my wife. Than we did wait for about 1.5 hour for our turn for interview . I could hear questions one lady officer was asking.i saw about 8 interviews on that window and only one was rejected. 

Finally my.token came . There was a white guy taking interview at that window. I gave our passports. 

1. What company you are working for?

2. What you will be doing for the company?

3.what will be your day to day activity?

4. So you will be working at xyz's location?

5. What is salary?

6 when you got married?

7. Show me marriage certificate

8.how many people were there in marriage?

9. marriage date?

10.how u guys met?

11. show me wedding photos

12. to my wife : what will u be doing in USA?

Did u read this template ? I said yes .

And than comes the words I was waiting to hear 

Thank you sir your visa has been approved and you will receive your passport in 3 to 5 business days

Not a sIngle document was asked.

I would suggest people to keep marriage album small with main photographs cause I saw 2 people carrying a huge album and had to go through album when officer asked for fire ceremony photos. I carried only 70 wedding and reception photos.

I saw 5 interviews where hey were asked work location related questions . And just for 1 person she said everything on your case looks ok but we needs some additional processing to approve your visa.

congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!! dude, well as a FT you had a great chance of getting a visa, I am just curious if you provide details about others interview as you provided a little bit :)

were all of them granted a visa and by any chance do you know on which working model they were................. the reason I am asking this because I am stuck at mumbai with EC model so just wanted to know is it only me ?

will appreciate your response if you could. thanks and congrats once again have a wonderful trip back to US.

I remember that all interviews I see were non FTE interviews . They were all being asked EE related questions like . Where you will be working ? How far is employer from client ? How you communicate to your manager ? How many times ? etc. I heard all of them granted visa . I heard like about 4 inteviews which were EVC or EC model . 3-4 were guys with children they were not asked any EE related question so I guess may be they were FTE . In one case I a lady officer said that "Everything looks good in your case but we need some additional processing. " . One of my friend in EC model got visa with his wife. Other friend with EC model did got 221g.

Let me know if you have any other questions .

Thanks for the response, as you mentioned that one of your freind got 221g by any chance you know that what docs were asked in his 221g and what is color of the 221g, it would also a great help if he has submitted his docs on which date and how long he has been waiting or got cleared.

I got 221g white, asked for copy of agreement between petitioner and end client, and a questionere needs to be answered from employer on EER. I have already submitted the docs on 30 Jan and till then I am waiting to hear some thing good, I have also posted my interview question on this forum under the caption "h1b sent back to uscis, second time 221g white" you can find in the content.

Please provide any inputs or opinion you have or your freind has to share. Thanks again for your response generally people who got their visa dont showed up here again, so apprecieate your concern about others.

Archived