All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mk2245

Can my wife attend H4 interview while my H1B is still pending?

Hi,

Can my wife attend the H4 visa interview while my H1B is pending adminstrative processing?

I attended my H1B visa interview on Jan 27th 2012 in chennai and they issued me a 221(g) pink slip and they did hold my passport and I129, I797. Its almost 2 weeks now and still my status is pending process.

I was wondering if my wife could attend the interview for H4, and does she need to attend the interview at the same consulate that I attended (Chennai), or can she just go to Hyderabad as I am a resident of AP?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if my wife could attend the interview for H4? No because your H1 is in admin processing, she will get 221 as well... doesnt matter which consulate you plan to send her, your information will be with the consulate and same result...wait till you get your approved and then she should go

Hi mk2245,

She has to show the documents which you showed for visa.

There are chances like she may get administrative processing.

Contact your attorney, he may give you some suggestions.

I dont think she should even attempt to go for h4 untill your case is resolved...how will visa officer approve her visa when principals visa is under admin processing? common sense question

Agree with Chitown01. Don't take any steps hastily. Wait until you hear back on your H1b and btw just out of curiosity what will she do with H4 before you get your H1B. You guys want to travel/live together.. correct?

@h136367, Chitown01:

Ofcourse we want to travel and live together but my point was while my case is pending, she could be done with the interview and when my visa gets approved, they would send both the passports together. I just want to negate the time loss between my visa approval and hers.