All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vsb.abhishek

Non Profit H1 b transfer to regular H1b(profit organizations)

HI,

I am working in a non-profit organization and got my H1 B through them 8 months back.

I want to change my job and was thinking is it possible to transfer the non-profit H1B into a regular H1B visa, or would i have apply for it in April and wait till october to start working in regular companies which are NOT non-profit organizations.

Pleasee help me!!

A non-cap-exempt employer can file an H1 for you beginning April 1 for a start date of Oct. 1.

Abhishek

If your current H-1 B (cap exempt) is valid(Still working fo the non profit employer) and if you have a job offer from a Profit employer(Subjected to CAP) you can file for a Concurrent H-1 B and start working as soon it is approved.However Contact a good attorney in this case who can give a better advice

Thanks

vikram

@ vikramrathode.r- Do you have any experience with concurrent H1b? I am currently on cap-exempt h1b and my new employer (cap-subject) is looking into concurrent h1b.

Do u know if there are any minimum number of hours I will need to work for cap-exempt employer to maintain the status? can I go on leave of absence for cap-exempt employer?