applied for H1B..got RFE...applied for H4 ..can we withdraw H4 before it gets approved

Deepanshu

Hi,

I am in really tight situation and need expert advise.

6th year H1B expired on Jan 30.

7th year extn filed on Jan 20 via premium processing.

Got RFE on Jan30. going to respond this RFE. RFE asked client letter.

As I was not sure about getting client l letter, applied for H4 status on last day of my H1B ie Jan30.

Not I got the client letter and pretty confident of successfully responding to RFE.

Qs for gurus - can I withdraw my H4 application before it gets approved. It was filed electronically.

thanks

Satyan

Generally, an applicant may request to withdraw a change of status application prior to adjudication. Unfortunately, there can be a delay from the time of the request to the time USCIS withdraws the application. If the change of status application is ultimately approved before this occurs, the applicant's status will change to the new status. Travelling outside the country will deem the change of status application automatically abandoned and in certain circumstances this may be the best option. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and the different options available to you.

Archived