L1B Extension - Medical Reason. Urgent :-(

playinusa

Friends,

I am with L1B visa which got expired on Jan9th 2012 (Both I94 & Visa expiry on the same day) and my company filed extension for me and my spouse. The status is in Initial review with USCIS.

My wife staying with me in L2 is pregnant and its 30th week for her. Doctor told that travelling now will be a high risk for both baby and mom, since the due date is Mid of Apr 2012.

My Questions:

1) I wanted to know the options to deliver the baby here in US under this circumstance.

2) Can i extend my stay 2 months after the delivery (ie. till June, as i need to take passport for my baby)?

3) Can i request visa ext on the medical reason, as travelling now is ruled out?

Please advice me in this regard as this is very urgent and I appreciate your timely help.

Regards,

jd

When did you file for your extension and which Service Center. California/Vermont?

Have you received RFE yet? If yes which date and how many days they have provided you.

CSC is a bit fast at processing L1B extensions and VSC is a bit delayed.

The best pick at this time is to respond to RFE as late when it comes(all L1B's are going into RFE) and hope that they take some time to review some documentation and respond as late as possible.

When did you file for your extension and which Service Center. California/Vermont?

Have you received RFE yet? If yes which date and how many days they have provided you.

CSC is a bit fast at processing L1B extensions and VSC is a bit delayed.

The best pick at this time is to respond to RFE as late when it comes(all L1B's are going into RFE) and hope that they take some time to review some documentation and respond as late as possible.

Thank you so much for the reply cooltoo8190 !!

I havent received RFE and the Status is still INITIAL REVIEW with USCIS. Actually my visa expired on Jan 9th and my company applied the extension on the same day.

Is there any way i can quote my Genuine Medical reason to stay here till mid of june as my wife is not supposed to travel ?

Regards,

Jd.

What is the problem if the company has filed a timely extension?

Yes My company filed the extension on the same day when my visa got expired. Since my wife is in her 30th week and as per the doctors advice she shouldn't travel till May. Also i am not sure how long i can stay after i get RFE. Please advice me on this.

Regards,

Jd

Don't worry...You should be good till June/July.... All L1B extensions are going into RFE, so your should be coming sometime in future. If your application was filed at Vermont, expect a two or three months for RFE, if it was filed at Califiornia, expect RFE in this month.

You will get 3 months to respond to RFE(84 days to be precise), so that should be till May/June. Once you respond to RFE, it will take minimum one-two months for decision, which takes you till June/July.

All the best.

Don't worry...You should be good till June/July.... All L1B extensions are going into RFE, so your should be coming sometime in future. If your application was filed at Vermont, expect a two or three months for RFE, if it was filed at Califiornia, expect RFE in this month.

You will get 3 months to respond to RFE(84 days to be precise), so that should be till May/June. Once you respond to RFE, it will take minimum one-two months for decision, which takes you till June/July.

All the best.

Cooltoo...Thank You so much for your valuable infos :-) To be in safer side do i need to consult an Attorney? Also is there a chance for the Visa to be rejected directly without getting RFE?

Regards,

Jerine.

Yeah...Better to contact an attorney on Medical Terms. There is a possibility that visa may be rejected directly, depends on what documentation was provided upfront to USCIS when extension was filed.

1. Do you work for a product company or is your company having proprietary tools you are working on?

2. While filing extension did you company showed any company proprietary tools, products, methodologies you are working on?

2. Which service center was your extension filed?

Yeah...Better to contact an attorney on Medical Terms. There is a possibility that visa may be rejected directly, depends on what documentation was provided upfront to USCIS when extension was filed.

1. Do you work for a product company or is your company having proprietary tools you are working on?

2. While filing extension did you company showed any company proprietary tools, products, methodologies you are working on?

2. Which service center was your extension filed?

1. Do you work for a product company or is your company having proprietary tools you are working on? NO

2. While filing extension did you company showed any company proprietary tools, products, methodologies you are working on? NO

2. Which service center was your extension filed? VERMONT

Sure, I do contact the attorney for the consultation. Can you please suggest some good ones? Please PM me.

Thanks,

Jd

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived