Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

H1B extension filed & old petition expired, Can I change company?

Recommended Posts


My current employer has filed my H1 extension in regular process. So it will take about three months. But that company is not filing GC and my 4 and 1/2 years are done on H1B.

I got another company who is ready to sponsor my H1B and file my GC.

My question is Can I change the company right now or I need to wait for the extension that is already filed by my current employer. My previous H1 already expired. Current company has filed extension in last couple of week of my visa period.

So If the new company file my transfer then it will be my two application in USCIS at the same time and old visa already expired.

Please advise.


Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this