H1B Visa interview at Hyderabad consulate (EVC)

shashineela

Hi ,

I attended my visa interview on February 2nd 2012 at Hyderabad consulate.

The VO asked details about my education(Masters) and then went on asking about the client and then asked questions about the Employee employer relationship.

At the end of it, he gave my passport back and said that he would present the case to USCIS and wait for the response from USCIS. I was not given any 221g or anything. All i was given was the summary of the interview(Memo) which will be sent to USCIS.

When i asked about how much time will it take for the process, he was not sure about the timeline but gave a hint that would take about a week or so.

Is there anybody in the same situation? please let me know .

Thanks,

shashi

Hi ,

I attended my visa interview on February 2nd 2012 at Hyderabad consulate.

The VO asked details about my education(Masters) and then went on asking about the client and then asked questions about the Employee employer relationship.

At the end of it, he gave my passport back and said that he would present the case to USCIS and wait for the response from USCIS. I was not given any 221g or anything. All i was given was the summary of the interview(Memo) which will be sent to USCIS.

When i asked about how much time will it take for the process, he was not sure about the timeline but gave a hint that would take about a week or so.

Is there anybody in the same situation? please let me know .

Thanks,

shashi

Please list the questions your were asked and your answers.

Hi,

I am on EVC. I have got the my H1 approved with my current project itself. I have been working for the same client for the last 1.5 year. I have answered all the questions , the VO seem to be convinced with my answers and everything. But he said that when the petition case was presented , reporting details were not provided to USCIS and said, we will send these details(reporting details) to them.

If they are ok , then we will issue the visa or if they need more details they will reach out to your employer/you.

Not sure how long this would take. is there anyone in the same situation?

all,

please refer to the memeo issued on 8 Jan 2010, it has all the question related to EER. Get an answer of these question based on your knowledge and from your employer. you will find this memo on USCIS website by searching with "employee employer". This will give you a very good sense of EER based question.

There is no such ground to issue 221G, its purely based on the VO judgement.............moreover they are bound to rely on the approved petition from USCIS, they can not recommend a case to review again untill they are able to provide any detail to USCIS which was not available at the time of adjudication of the petition.

its a game of luck now no one has a perfect idea or know the procedure with time line. wish you all the best and wish me the same

@shashineela

Try your luck by applying with another employer. Your old petition takes year or more for reaffirmation.

My case was pending since Sep 9th 2010 (17 Months). They neighter approved, nor rejected.

whenever i contact them for status, they reply that my case is under process. Same response since 17 months ( More than 100 times).

So better luck next time. By the way, who suggest you to go Hyderabad consulate?

@shashineela

Try your luck by applying with another employer. Your old petition takes year or more for reaffirmation.

My case was pending since Sep 9th 2010 (17 Months). They neighter approved, nor rejected.

whenever i contact them for status, they reply that my case is under process. Same response since 17 months ( More than 100 times).

So better luck next time. By the way, who suggest you to go Hyderabad consulate?

@arjunmca : Do you have any suggestion on which consulate is better? Chennai or Hyderabad?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sashineela,

I attended interview on Feb 1st for EVC model H1B. VO was satissfied with ERR questions and said he needs to confirm with USCIS about the client information and gave me 221g White form. He took all original documents & PP and mentioned the verification might take a DAY but within a week my PP was returned with 221g AAP checked. This is my second 221g after first once was successful for first H1.

I did not hear from consulate yet....does that mean my case was sent to USCIS for review??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived