Petition send back to USCIS for review

djoko

hi experts ,

I have my H1B petition approved last year .

I had gone for my Stamping interview and received a query (221 g) .

then I replied for the query , i got a message back saying that my petition is send back to USCIS for futher review .

What does this mean ? and How much time does it take to process this .

Also should I have any hopes of getting my visa .

I am stuck back here in India , please advise .

thanks and regards

Djoko

Your Visa applications is denied as it is. The underlying petition itself is also recommended for revocation. USCIS will contact your employer and ask for more information. If they are convinced that the petition is appropriate, they will reconfirm the approval. If that happens you can apply for your Visa again using that same petition.

Irrespective of the above, you have been cap-counted once. For the next 6 years, if any employer wants to file H1 for you, they can file it cap-exempt.

Your Visa applications is denied as it is. The underlying petition itself is also recommended for revocation. USCIS will contact your employer and ask for more information.

This doesn't mean that OP's visa has been denied. It only means that they want to do some clarification before taking any decision. This decision may be approval or rejection. Please stop scaring people.

This doesn't mean that OP's visa has been denied. It only means that they want to do some clarification before taking any decision. This decision may be approval or rejection. Please stop scaring people.

So do you think, that if USCIS reconfirms the petition the consulate will automatically contact OP and ask them to submit passport for Visa issuance? No, OP will have to apply again after petition is reconfirmed. So effectively it is a denial. Technically any 221g is a denial anyway, unless it gets cleared up and Visa is issued without another application.

• 8 months later...

Actually I am on the same situation I got 221g at ottawa they asked me to return to the embassy today and they have informed me that they have revoked my H1 B and sent for the USCIS for further review .Can any one tell me how much time does it gonna take to get the reaffirmation and can i contact any one for this process ? what is the next step for me to do so?

Can any one give their email ids who has undergone this kind of situation and got succefully stamped ?

Archived