H1B EVC interview ---Employer-Employee @chennai,221g blue AAP

kumark08

I am in similar situation like most people here.

Interview date:

DEC 20 2011 - Received 221g and asked to submit employer related docs(tax and financial statements, state unemployment wage return etc)

Jan 10 2012 - Submitted all docs with I-797,DS-160 and Passsport as requested in 221g

Feb 08 2012 - Received ppt back with new 221g with Additional Administative Processing

Still wating..It has been 2 months now since I 2nd received 221g

My model is EC

Does anyone know the number I will have to call Chennai consulate ? I do not even see my case id in the report on their website.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@h1bvsa This should mostly be for visa issuance. Good Luck. Can you tell me if you received an email from consulate or received a 221g note by mail from the cosulate to send passport ?

hi i got this in email from vfs helpline chennai, when contacted for case update....

Hello All, I am also in the same boat, Case sent back to USCIS for review. I attended in ottawa.

The other problem here is , even our petition got reaffirmed, our information should be updated in PIMS. And it its taking long time. One of my frind got his petition reaffirmed in Jan and still waiting for update in PIMS database.

I think we need patience.

@VisaBlues

One lady from DHS visited client and had discussion with my manager for 15 minutes, my manager said it is about the position and my skill set and contract etc., Since it was a big meeting he could not say more than that. The same person called

(phone) my employer and go through the petetion for my H1 with my HR, questions about employer employee relationship etc.,

• 2 weeks later...

@VisaBlues & @glad2000

I don't have any update yet, when I called consulate this week they said pending verification(status). I used to get in process till last week. Hopefully I should hear this week or next week. In some other forums I saw one person got it approved in ~110 days that too in last week of april 2012.

@sathys01 can you please tell me which phone# are you calling to consulate. Every time I am calling to VFS they are sayng its pending and I am getting the below status replies for my enquiries.Any idea what this could indicate?.Also meanwhile your 221g processing are you working remotely for the client?.My interview happened on Feb17th and till now my employer or client

is not contacted .I am so worried they didnt contact yet.I been continuing to work remotely all this time but dont know how long it lasts.

" your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review. Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. This is in response to your inquiry.

Consular Records show that your case is under additional administrative processing. Please wait for the process to be completed and then they will get in touch with you. We are unable to provide any time frame in your case.

"

@VisaBlues

I used to call 04428574000(zero four four two eight five seven four zero zero zero)

I used to get the same response, just for last to weeks after asking the date of interview they will give some status like this... I think they have many cases before your interview date. For email I just get receipt but they will not update. Some case thye choose to do client verification, some cases they don't if they find all the information in your i129. No need to worry, we have to wait for some more time...

@visablues

I am just providing required support to my team now(may be couple of hours a day) but per my HR instruction I am not billing those hours because my house/company address is not in my work itenary. I am allowed to bill but my company wants to keep documents clean as much as possible so that they don't have to answer to some one later...

@sathys01 i called to the same no today after pressing for visa info and then seleccting non immigrant visa VM says to call to VFS no for visa information.Is there any specific time you call to this #.Can you please give further info on this.

Also one more question if you dont min,is your US company MNC or a desi company.In my case it is a decent company desi with 500 employees.But we dont have supervisors onsite.Is it gonna be an problem with no onsite supervisors?

Thanks and Appreciate

@VisaBlues

Yes, you need to call them between 9 and 10 AM and options are 2120

Mine is also a decent desi company, we have only some clients but with onsite supervisors(employer is the vendor).

Having onsite supervisor or not is not a big deal I guess, many folks got it approved even though they did not had onsite supervisors. It is all depending on VO, they don't care about our profession(how good we are)/family/kids education/how clients will proceed when a project is in the middle/etc.,

@sathys01 thanks so much for sharing the info.I will try to call them tommrow.One more I didnt understand in my case is VO has returned all the the documents back to me(I797,I-129,LCA).only client letter was taken.I have seen for almost everyone they have taken atleast the I-129 or LCA.So I am so worried if they are processing my case at all as my client/employer is still not contacted at all

@sathys01 that is correct.VO's are clueless as they dont understand the problems holding us back expecially no client can wait for such long.Even a full time employee(Products based) in most of the companies will not be allowed for more than 4 weeks.In my case the only hope I am having is my client is helping me a lot giving me enough wait time(already 5 months) . Altough time may not be constraint the overall outcome is crucial.Lets hope for the best.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived