All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hopedream20

H1-B Transfer - Payroll Issues

Hello Folks,

My situation is that I got approved H1-B transfer notice on 12/22/11 from Company B. I worked for Company A till 01/05/12 and I joined Company B on 01/09/12. Now my question is:

1. Can I get paid from Company A for the month of January since Company B already ran my payroll for January. I know you cannot have payroll from 2 employers in H-1B but my concern is the first week I worked with Employer A?

2. Can I go back to Company A? If yes, do I need to fill any form or do any kind of paperwork. Company A is not aware of the fact that I joined Company B?

3. Does this change effect my GC process. I got approved 140 from Company A and waiting for 485 to be filed?

Please advice!!

1. "I know you cannot have payroll from 2 employers in H-1B but my concern is the first week I worked with Employer A?"

Your knowledge is wrong. It is not an issue

2. Why did A pay you for January when you only worked for 6 days?

3. Probably not. Why did you leave A?

So, does it mean that I can go to Employer A without doing any paper work (Question 2).

The reason why I left Company A is because Company B offers me more pay but on the other note, Company B is not willing to initiate my GC for 1 year.