February 2012 Bulletin Track EB2 Approvals

MayEB2I

Did you call them before for early FP OR you just went to the center & showed your later appointment date and they just allowed you to walk-in? Could you please describe your experience here, that will help others too.

I just walked in. My appointment was at Alexandria, VA. Its known to allow applicants walk-in early. We went in around 11.30, There were around 10-15 people. We were asked to show our Licenses and passports, fill in a form , no questions asked. We were out in about 20 min. I believe the experience varies from cent6re to center. Some centers do not allow early walk-ins. Good luck

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked online status and me and my wife's EAD /AP are approved(on March 10th, Saturday ?). Waiting for the cards in the mail.

Before this for all my applications, the online status is "case not found".

Have a question. I have FP appointment scheduled at Alexendria, VA on March 28th. We have a one year old daughter(US born). Do they allow kids inside when we show up for the FP appointment? Appreciate if somebody can share the information.

Here are my case details.

EB2-India

Service Center : Texas(TSC)

Priority Date : Oct , 2009

Priority date current in Feb, 2012

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Feb 2nd

Received receipt notice in mail: Feb 9, 2012

FP notice in in mail :received on March 05th 2012

FP Appointment Date: March 28th 2012

EAD/AP Approved : March 10th'2012

EAD/AP in mail : Not yet

I-485 Approved : Not yet

Thanks

Just checked online status and me and my wife's EAD /AP are approved(on March 10th, Saturday ?). Waiting for the cards in the mail.

Have a question. I have FP appointment scheduled at Alexendria, VA on March 28th. We have a one year old daughter(US born). Do they allow kids inside when we show up for the FP appointment? Appreciate if somebody can share the information.

EB2-India

Thanks

Yes they do. They are very Courteous. We went with our 2 yr old. There were others with kids too. Good Luck

I'm in the same boat.

Priority Date - Nov 25 2009

Received 485, I-131,765 at Texas on Feb 1 2012

Receipt date - Feb 3 2012

Waiting for FP notices. I'm planning to call as soon as 30 day window passes.

Received FP notices scheduled for March 27 at Alexandria, VA.

Received EAD/AP combo cards in mail for myself and spouse on March 9th. Do we also receive I-797 for for I-765 & I-131 approvals. I haven't received any yet.

Online case status still not available for any of the cases :-(

EB2-India

Thanks

We went to Boston office for FP with one year old. Even though we both had same FP time appointment schedule we took turn because of the baby. No issues and they were friendly.

EB2-India

Priority Date : feb , 2009

Priority date curent in Feb, 2012

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Feb 16, 2012 +dependant

Receipt Date: Feb 16, 2012

Notice Date : Feb 21, 2012

Received receipt notice in mail: Feb 22, 2012

FP notice received in mail : waiting

FP Appointment Date: waiting

EAD/AP Approved : WAITING

EAD/AP in mail : WAITING

I-485 Approved : WAITING

GC in mail : WAITING

FP notice received in mail : 3/12/2012 / receipt date: 3/08/12

FP Appointment Date: 4/4/12

Take a bow!

Hollykick, Please advise whenever you get you get your notice. Then only we start woryying.

Sure, the moment i know about it I will put here. Also i am from San Jose, CA FYI (sometimes i heard it depends on the location too), also looks like NSC is basically dead with so many applications.

hello folks,

Today i received in the mail the FP notice for myself only (primary applicant) and not for my wife (dependent). I have the FP appointment for next week. Is this normal? I called the USCIS Support Center and they told me that we will have to wait for 30 days from the day the receipts were received before they could do anything.

Is there anything else i can do?

Thanks

Krishna

hello folks,

Today i received in the mail the FP notice for myself only (primary applicant) and not for my wife (dependent). I have the FP appointment for next week. Is this normal? I called the USCIS Support Center and they told me that we will have to wait for 30 days from the day the receipts were received before they could do anything.

Is there anything else i can do?

Thanks

Krishna

Can you please check with your attorney if they have received the FP Notice for your wife?I am not sure, but i think, it can be used if they have received one.

This is not looking for Feb GC hopefuls -

On March 16, 2012, at the AILA Midwest Regional Conference in Chicago, Charlie Oppenheim, Chief, Visa Control and Reporting at DOS, informed participants that he will likely retrogress India and China-mainland born Employment-Based Second Preference priority dates to around August 2007, effective with either the May or June 2012 Visa Bulletin. He also advised that he projects that all EB-1 visas available in FY2012 will be used this year, resulting in no "spilldown" to EB-2.

But hopefully some of us can still get GCs provided its done before May1.

EB2-India

Priority Date : June 2009

Priority Date Current in FEB Visa Bulletin

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on 02/01/2012

Texas Service Center

​Received Date : 02/02/2012

Notice Date : 02/06/2012

Receipt Received in Mail : 02/09/2012

FP Notice Received : 02/18/2012

FP Date : 03/07/2012

EAD Approved : 03/15/2012

EAD Card Production Ordered : 3/15/2012 (Last Update. I am able to track my cases now except I-485)

Update: Received FP notice on March 17.

Next Steps: Waiting for FP Appointment Date and EAD/AP Approval Email/Cards.

I485, I131(AP) and I765(EAD) filed for me and my spouse.

EB2 - India

PD - Sep 2009

Current in Feb 2012 Bulletin

1. I-140 - approved in Jan 2010

2. Application materials mailed to USCIS on Feb 14, 2012

3. Receipt Notice Date: Feb 15.

4. Receipt Notice Received: Feb 24

5. FP Notice Date: Mar 12

6. FP NOtice Received: Mar 17

7. FP Appointment Date: Apr 2

Thanks.

This is not looking for Feb GC hopefuls -

On March 16, 2012, at the AILA Midwest Regional Conference in Chicago, Charlie Oppenheim, Chief, Visa Control and Reporting at DOS, informed participants that he will likely retrogress India and China-mainland born Employment-Based Second Preference priority dates to around August 2007, effective with either the May or June 2012 Visa Bulletin. He also advised that he projects that all EB-1 visas available in FY2012 will be used this year, resulting in no "spilldown" to EB-2.

But hopefully some of us can still get GCs provided its done before May1.

I was kinda shocked to see your post. So far, things have been going smoothly. now they are going all the way back to 2007. Strange....These swings are big.. in a way it's good to file for AOS status (6mos after the AOS, at least there is an option to move to a different job on EAD). There is so much uncertainty as to when the GC process will complete for folks with February PD.

Status: Waiting for FP Appointment Date and EAD/AP Approval Email/Cards.

I485, I131(AP) and I765(EAD) filed for me and my spouse.

EB2 - India

PD - Sep 2009

1. I-140 - approved in Jan 2010

2. Application materials mailed to USCIS on Feb 14, 2012

3. Receipt Notice Date: Feb 15.

5. FP Notice Date: Mar 12

6. FP NOtice Received: Mar 17

7. FP Appointment Date: Apr 2

The other question is what this will do to the processing queue at the various service centers.

I think the demand -supply is not the issue especially looking at the demand data published.

The key point is whether the USCIS is able to deal with the flood of 485\ead\ap applicants and what this is doing to their targeted processing times 4 months for 485 approval.

Let us carefully look for the next time the processing times are published. may be in the next few days.

I485, I131(AP) and I765(EAD) filed for me and my spouse . Texas Service center

EB2 - India

PD - Jan 14 2009

1. I-140 - approved in JFeb 2010

2. Application materials mailed to USCIS on Feb 16, 2012

3. Receipt Notice Date: Feb 20.

5. FP Notice Date: WAITING

6. FP NOtice Received: WAITING

7. FP Appointment Date: WAITING

My case is still not found in USCIS web site. Is this a common problem? Do I need to contact USCIS if so how?

Please advise. If I type receipt number in USCIS case status >> Case is not found . Asked my lawyer and waiting for response

EB2-India

Priority Date : Jan 5, 2009

Priority date curent in Feb, 2012

Filing: Single

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Feb 13, 2012

Receipt Date: Feb 14, 2012

Notice Date : Feb 16, 2012

Received receipt notice in mail: Feb 16, 2012

FP notice received in mail : Mar 10, 2012

FP Appointment Date: Apr 2, 2012 (BOSTON, MA)

EAD/AP Approved : WAITING

EAD/AP in mail : WAITING

I-485 Approved : WAITING

GC in mail : WAITING

Here are my details

EB2I

Priority Date: Dec 9, 2009

Filed I140 amendment ( Company merger) with premium processing and I485, I131, I765 - Primary and dependent - concurrently.

Filed at NSC

Received on 2/1/12.

Not sure if I140 amendment for "Successor In Interest" cases can be done by premium processing or not. Lawyer says it can be done, but I have doubts.

Hello @deepapk

Can you please confirm that your 140 amendment got accepted via premium processing? Can you also indicate the current status as what is going on with each application? Appreciate your help.

Archived