Which Consulate is better for EVC model... Ottawa or Toronto

sjavvad

Guys,

I am planning to go to Canada for H1B Stamping. I was going thru the required documents section and saw this comments:

"Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to first-time H1B applicants if the applicant's education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the United States or Canada. In the absence of U.S. or Canadian education or work experience, we strongly encourage you to apply from your country of residence."

My education and most of my experience is from India. I am working here for the last 2 years. I work in EC model.

Did any one got approved similar to my profile? whats your take on this

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Guys,

Need your suggestions here...

Which consulate is better for EVC model... Ottawa or Toronto.....

Consulate shopping doesn't work in this day and age.

This is the age of computers and databases, in case you didn't know. All consulates have the same information.

Atleast in Ottawa you can expect delays in EVC with all recent 221g's. Before you decide which one to go, check what's happening at each consulate on EVC's,check on 221g's at that consulaite along with success stories on EVC.

Bottom line, Canada is not safe anymore and this is silly to say but you need a have a bit of luck to be cleared on EVC without any issues.

Good Luck

I guess the possible answer to this drama is: like a typical desi, everyone hears rumors, some stories and run to one consulate and hence all dates gets packed up and other consulates becomes empty, then same story repeats and someone somewhere gets stamped and people feel oh,, that xyz consulate is better.

I know its tough times and like everyone, i am also looking for peace of mind, but JOEF argument is correct. It should not matter where we go as everything is digital.

Archived