221g with EVC model, planning EVC to EC

meenal_K79

Hello,

I got 221g with EVC model at US consulates in New Delhi and then rejection within a month. Planning to switch to Vendor with new petition filed in EC model (With client letter). My questions are:

1. Has anyone done this, any success stories

2. Can I go to any consulates in India, would there be any problem if I go to others and not Delhi

3. Which consulate is good for EC model with success

Thanks-

M

1. the chances of getting petition approval form USCIS and from consulate are slightly better on EC model compared to EVC model.....

2. Yes, you can go to any consulate, however, they will have information regarding your past rejection, so be prepared to answer questions if they ask...

3. All consulates are strict now a days for EVC/EC model, it all depends on your luck, the VO and paperwork.

Good Luck !!

@Meenal,

I am not expert but had the same situation earlier working on EVC, case was sent back to USCIS, then switched to EC model with same vendor and client then got 221G white.

1. Has anyone done this, any success stories

Ans. I heared and also read in this forum earlier that there were people who got the visa second time when they appeared on EC model, no negetives but it didnt happened in my case.

2. Can I go to any consulates in India, would there be any problem if I go to others and not Delhi

Ans. I would suggest that you should go to the consulate in which your place of residence fall, as once you are in India and booking your appointment then you can not consider your self as Indian citizen residing in US. I did the same thing first time ND, second time mumbai moreover your new petition will filled and it has request to update a specific consulate, thats what happens in my case. And be prepare to answer about your first rejection becuase no matter which consulate you go they will have your all previous information for sure, but they didnt asked any thing to me about my previous rejection.

3. Which consulate is good for EC model with success.

Ans. There is no such proportion out there to compare the consulate but strongly suggested avoid HYD, chennai. I didnt see any difference between mumbai or ND.

Wish you all the best.

@kathi,

even you have a full time offer from the client but need to have a petition filed from the client and petition should get approve, you can not use your current approved petition for your client, and yes you can go for second interview with new approved petition.

@kathi, there should be no problem as I have done the same thing, my previous petition is still under review with USCIS and I appeared for second interview with new approved petition from different employer, second time i was handed a 221g white in mumbai but I strongly feel it has nothing to do with my previous petition.

I have heared few cases as they might ask you to submit an application to with draw the previous petition, but I am positive that previous petition will not impact on the second interview.

@rohit - I believe that you might have found the post for same :), I feel that when they asked me the copy of contract between petitioner and end client, i did not have that so they simply asked it in 221G, I can not give any specific reason for this as they didnt gave it to me :).

Archived