EVC Model and H1B stamping (Mumbai Consulate)

a100

I am working in EVC model and planning to go to India and later go to Mumbai Consulate for visa stamping as my existing visa has expired.

1. I heard that almost all H1B applications working in EVC model are getting 221G in their H1 stamping interview. Is this true?

2. Any particular document / suggestion I need to take/follow in the interview as I am working in EVC model?

3. Is it good idea to first join as full time employee and then go for stamping?

Thank you.

Yes it is true that EVC is in risk these days. However it depends on which consulate and which VO is handling your case. In EVC you should have all the compliance docs to estgablish the employer and employee relationship. And also able to explain to VO about the employer and employee relationship.

I would say Full Time is the best option anytime.

The risk increases in the following order.

• Fulltime
  • EC
  • EVC
  • EVVC

This doesn't mean that you cant go until you get FT . If you really need stamping soon then you can go with EVC but you will carry some risk. Not sure if yours is first time H1B or H1B extension. Explore other options for consulate if possible

Good Luck

no negetives, but seeing the current situation almost every H1B case is reciveing 221G untill unless you are a full time or EC model in a big company. I had 221g from mumbai on EC model, employer is one of most reputated in east coast area client is a state but still ............. on EVC model I would try to avoid stamping until unless it urgently required or take a chance in canada as it has better success rate on EVC.

Good luck

Yes it is true that EVC is in risk these days. However it depends on which consulate and which VO is handling your case. In EVC you should have all the compliance docs to estgablish the employer and employee relationship. And also able to explain to VO about the employer and employee relationship.

I would say Full Time is the best option anytime.

The risk increases in the following order.

• Fulltime
  • EC
  • EVC
  • EVVC

This doesn't mean that you cant go until you get FT . If you really need stamping soon then you can go with EVC but you will carry some risk. Not sure if yours is first time H1B or H1B extension. Explore other options for consulate if possible

Good Luck

did you happen to receive 221(g) @mumbai consulate?

I am working in EVC model and planning to go to India and later go to Mumbai Consulate for visa stamping as my existing visa has expired.

1. I heard that almost all H1B applications working in EVC model are getting 221G in their H1 stamping interview. Is this true?

2. Any particular document / suggestion I need to take/follow in the interview as I am working in EVC model?

3. Is it good idea to first join as full time employee and then go for stamping?

Thank you.

I am also going to Mumbai Consulate for H1B Stamping around mid of feb. I am in EVC model. I am sure mine will be success for sure as I have all the documents and I am prepared to handle the questions. My employer asked me to focus more on E-E relationship . It is how we handle the questions. But again it depens upon VO too as one guy from our company went for stamping and VO took the documents he/she asked and gave hm 221(g) and did not even ask him a single questions. Poor guy. shoud not have happened like that.Just praying for him to get stamping ASAP. Thanks

I am also going to Mumbai Consulate for H1B Stamping around mid of feb. I am in EVC model. I am sure mine will be success for sure as I have all the documents and I am prepared to handle the questions. My employer asked me to focus more on E-E relationship . It is how we handle the questions. But again it depens upon VO too as one guy from our company went for stamping and VO took the documents he/she asked and gave hm 221(g) and did not even ask him a single questions. Poor guy. shoud not have happened like that.Just praying for him to get stamping ASAP. Thanks

Can you please provide more details how you would explain E-E relationship? Does your employer controls your day to day work?

Would u plz share how best to answe the EE relationship questions. Please share ur contact details, U can find mine from my profile. Its sunitasid at y dot com

Truthful, of course. Why is that even a question?

Well technically speaking any EVC model is the same, So I want to know the mantra which is helping ppl get stamped vs 221g denail. Since mine is fresh petition/new job, I can atleast check with my employer if he can follow the best possible way to maintain EE. I am yet to start work for the company.

• 2 months later...

Employer has to control your day to day work activities. He should tell you what to work on and how to work on. You have to report status of your work to him... Send status report... Weekly status meetings.... Time Logs Email conversation regarding work assignment performance review etcc...

no negetives, but seeing the current situation almost every H1B case is reciveing 221G untill unless you are a full time or EC model in a big company. I had 221g from mumbai on EC model, employer is one of most reputated in east coast area client is a state but still ............. on EVC model I would try to avoid stamping until unless it urgently required or take a chance in canada as it has better success rate on EVC.

Good luck

Good luck

Hi

Thanks for the post , I am also in the same situation( Working on EVC model ) . Now the time has come that stamping is needed urgently .. Pease help me is it advisable to go to canada for H1b 2nd time stamping working on EVC model.

What if 221g is issued from Canada ..Can I go to india and try for another stamping while the case is pending?

Hi

Thanks for the post , I am also in the same situation( Working on EVC model ) . Now the time has come that stamping is needed urgently .. Pease help me is it advisable to go to canada for H1b 2nd time stamping working on EVC model.

What if 221g is issued from Canada ..Can I go to india and try for another stamping while the case is pending?

Can any one please suggest me.. I am in real confusion ..

You can go to Canada. Make sure you get a mutliple entry for Canada just in case you are stiuck and have to go to India. You have 120 days to report back to the consulate.

Thanks for the reply.

1 more follow up question, So If I have a multiple entry visit visa to Canada that I got before leaving from US , I can travel to India from Canada directly and come back to Canada from India with in 120 days .. is that you are telling

Archived