221g white in Ottawa - EVC

Krish13

I have been given a 221g white slip for further review in ottawa on Jan 24th Tuesday. Not many questions were asked and i have submitted my client letter and vendor letter as i am in EVC. Till now no update . I heard that from past couple of weeks there were lot of 221g's issued and in most of the cases, the consulte is trying to verify with client or vendor. In my case there were no updates, neither my client nor my vendor got any communication from the consulate.Please let me know how long it gonna take to get an update and what is the status if any one of you got 221g recently. Also i am looking for accomidation as i may have to stay couple of days more . Iam currently staying in a hotel very close to consulate. If some joins me i can extend this or i am ready to join with some one who already has a room .

Appreciate your help and support.

@Krish123, I got 221G white on Jan17. I am currently staying in Days Inn. My client got a call and theyaskjed about employee employer relation ship. There is no response from past two weeks. On the same day Jan 17, as far as i know 4 Guys got 221G, one guy got rejected and other guy got approved. So 2 guys(including me) are still hanging. Still waiting for response from them.

Let me know for any updates.

Don't worry Krish you will get through this on a happy note, I had 221g white thing back in Nov it took them 3 weeks to get my visa approved. So it depends from case to case some may get the approvals in a week or two and for some it may take time, but the good thing is there will be no denials unless you client really screws up when answering there questions.

@rr1122, It has been 2 weeks for me. Do you know what might be the reason?

Also, IS there any mail address to contact you? Are you in EVC Model?

Did they called you for interview for 2 time? or They just dropped your passport?

Can you please drop your e-mail or please mail me at mrvamsidhar@gm.....com

Thanks Guys for your input. Only thing i am worried is niether my employer nor my client got any emails or phone calls from consulate. I am not sure what are they doing in my case.

Does anyone got their Visa approved without contacting client or vendor in EVC model with 221g ?

@Krish13: Even I was given a 221g white form (further review) on Jan 10th 2012 @ Ottawa US embassy and the VO kept the following documents (Client, vendor and employer letters, I 129, LCA and Paystubs) along with my passport.I immediately notified my Client, Prime vendor and employer to expect a call/email from the ottawa embassy as I am in EVC model. But, to my knowledge no one received any calls/emails. I received an email from embassy on Jan 23 rd @ 8:11 am, saying that my visa application has been processed and will return my passport and visa to the DHL location in Canada that i requested with in 2 business days. I collected my passport with visa and safely reached US.

During my visa interview i noticed "NO PIMS" on one of the documents that the VO received from the other counter (counter where you give your finger prints).So, i assume it was just a PIMS update in my case or they might have checked few things at their end. However, make sure that you remind your client manger or whoever gave you the client letter to expect a call/email from the US embassy and also tell them to mention your Company's name which holds your H1 when asked for your company's name (there are few cases where the visa was rejected coz the client told the embassy that the employee works for Prime vendor's company, which is wrong). The client manager should be aware of your company that holds your H1. Other than that, i think it's just a matter of days that you will hear the good news. Stay calm and have patience. Everything will be alright. good luck!

@ Visaveteran. Thank you for your response which keeps my hopes alive. In my case i checked with my employer to see if there is any issues with PIMS. They confirmed that there are no delays as they sent the required info within the time. Moreover generally the VO will tell you that the PIMS is not updated if there is no PIMS. Did he tell you any thing about the PIMS in your case ?

@VISAVETERAN, hello thanks for update. Looks like you waited almost 2 weeks to get an update. I am also in teh same boat got struck up since Jan 17. During this 2 weeks did you sent any mail asking about status? I have been waiting for 2 weeks and my client is putting pressure on my where abouts (I cant WFH) ..I thought of send mail to consulate. Do you think it should be fine? Did you sent any mil to them?

@Krish: you are right. The VO didn't mention anything to me about PIMS. As i mentioned in my response above it was just my assumption as i saw that my application has no PIMS. I am not sure what they might have verified in my case and that's the reason suggested to inform all the parties (EVC) to expect calls/emails.

@CodeVISA: Yes, I did sent an email to ottawaf@state.gov on Jan 20 th asking for an update. However, if the VO has specifically mentioned not to send any emails then please don't.

Hi Krish, CodeVIsa

Can you update If your Visa is approved? Going to Ottawa on Feb21st with 1 week timeframe.

Also, can I ask the consulate to return my passport, if i get admin processing and go to India while the consulate process my case?

If approved, I can come back to canada and get my H1 stamped.

Please let me know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Archived