H1 ammendment approved but i797 is under administrative processing. Can i go for stamping?

manishqs

I went for H1 visa stamping in OCT 2011, before going for an stamping i applied for H1 ammendment for change of client address. I got a reciept no and i went for visa stamping in hyderabad without my H1 ammendment got approved.

when i went for h1 stamping in hyderabad, the VO sent my case to USCIS for administrative processing having a request for revocation. In the meantime , when i checked my H1 ammendment status it was approved.

so my question is can i got for H1 stamping again using the approved H1 ammendment I797 even though my original I797 is under administrative processing with USCIS?

I went for H1 visa stamping in OCT 2011, before going for an stamping i applied for H1 ammendment for change of client address. I got a reciept no and i went for visa stamping in hyderabad without my H1 ammendment got approved.

when i went for h1 stamping in hyderabad, the VO sent my case to USCIS for administrative processing having a request for revocation. In the meantime , when i checked my H1 ammendment status it was approved.

so my question is can i got for H1 stamping again using the approved H1 ammendment I797 even though my original I797 is under administrative processing with USCIS?

You can go for it, I know a couple of people who did that, but second time stamping with new amendment was not successful

If a petition is under administrative processing and if an ammendment for the same petition is approved, it means that the original petition is also good i.e we can go for stamping with the ammended petition since the ammendment for original petition is approved. Is this a valid statement. Experts please let me know.

Archived