I-485 filled in the 2007 Fiasco, PD date about to become current...

idreamoftheday

Hello,

My I-485 AOS was filed in the 2007 Fiasco (EB3 category). I have already been fingerprinted, had the medical done etc. My wife has been added to my application and has also been through the medical and finger printing etc.

Does this mean that when my priority date becomes due next month hopefully, that the process to get the Green Card will be any faster, or is still likely to take 4-6 months?

Has anyone else been in a similar situation with a filling in the 2007 fiasco and then got their Green Card now? How long did it take from when your priority date became current?

Will we get the GC's at the same time, or would mine have to be approved first before hers?

Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

Hi,

I was on same boat like you but i applied in EB2.But I think if your case becomes current you can expect to receive the card in hand in 3 weeks from the time it got approved.Once it is current for me it takes 2 weeks for them to approve my case.

Hope u will get the good news soon

Regards,

Vinodh

Hi,

I was on same boat like you but i applied in EB2.But I think if your case becomes current you can expect to receive the card in hand in 3 weeks from the time it got approved.Once it is current for me it takes 2 weeks for them to approve my case.

Hope u will get the good news soon

Regards,

Vinodh

Thanks for your insight.

What is your PD?

March 2006.

Hello,

My I-485 AOS was filed in the 2007 Fiasco (EB3 category). I have already been fingerprinted, had the medical done etc. My wife has been added to my application and has also been through the medical and finger printing etc.

Does this mean that when my priority date becomes due next month hopefully, that the process to get the Green Card will be any faster, or is still likely to take 4-6 months?

Has anyone else been in a similar situation with a filling in the 2007 fiasco and then got their Green Card now? How long did it take from when your priority date became current?

Will we get the GC's at the same time, or would mine have to be approved first before hers?

Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

You are possibly pre approved and waiting for visa number availability, So it would probably be less than a month for both you and your wife.

• 2 months later...

Don't lose hope!

My PD became current in the April Bulletin and yesterday I received the e-mail telling me that the decision was made and my documents are being produced.

I checked my wife's receipt number too and got the same result for her. :D

It's been around 8 years since I started this process. I know there are many that have waited even longer. Don't lose hope.

Right now I almost feel like I need to pinch myself to believe it has all come through. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

Archived