221g White slip administrative processing at Hyd Consulate, passport returned after 5 days with no updates

julius16

I've attended for my Visa interview for H1B on Jan14th, 2012 and the officer said he wanted to look into my petition and retained my passport and gave me a white slip 221g - and the option "your application needs additional admin processing before a final decision can be made" was checked.

After 5 days, i got my passport back in blue dart, but I did not get the visa. With the passport, they sent me another white 221g slip with the administrative processing option checked.

Did anybody experience a similar case..

I am a Contractor at client site and yes this is my first H1 stamping..he just asked me a couple of questions..if there was a vendor present between employer and client and who supervises me..asked me if there are any proprietary tools from my employer that are used at client site..

And he said he needed some more time to go through my application/petition and took my passport and mailed it to me in 5 days with no stamping..

I am a Contractor at client site and yes this is my first H1 stamping..he just asked me a couple of questions..if there was a vendor present between employer and client and who supervises me..asked me if there are any proprietary tools from my employer that are used at client site..

And he said he needed some more time to go through my application/petition and took my passport and mailed it to me in 5 days with no stamping..

@julius16 My case is similar to yours except that I got a Blue slip with AAP checked and that my passport was returned to me during the interview itself. Here's my case details

Visa Type : H1B new

Consulate: Hyd

221g: Blue, with AAP checked

Interview: 25th Aug 2011

Docs asked: Got a reply from VFS after I send them an enquiry on 9th Jan, they wanted to see the client invite letter, itinerary and copy of contract between my client and my employer.

Its been 5 months since my visa interview and about 2 weeks since I submitted the documents. I guess you would need to wait until the consulate comes back to you.

In my interview they asked me the similar questions as is there any vendor in between, is there any proprietary tool of your employer that you work upon etc.

Good luck!

I guess basically they are trying to verify your employer- employee relationship. I am not clear if you are in EVC or EC model.Most of the time your Client or Vendor may get an email or a phone call from the consulate verifying who has an employer and employee relationship with you. So , keep in touch with your client and vendor for any communication they recieved from the consulate. If at all they got any communication from the consulate make sure they respond to that immediately and your visa depends on how they respond to the consulate.

Good Luck !

@diwakard : mine is the same case but i have attended my interview in chennai on jan9th..

How did you sent them an enquiry..

is there any way we can contact them..

@permaudit: If your is a Blue form you wont be able to track the case status online. All you can do is keep mailing the VFS or calling them to take the status. The VFS email ID should be mentioned in your form or is available on the consulate website.

to be honest, its not much of a help even mailing VFS, they would also come back with their standard response saying your case continues to undergo administrative process, we cant commit a timeframe blah blah..

But yeah, that is the only way we have :)

Good luck!

diwakar

@Julius16, when you said 'who supervises me..asked me if there are any proprietary tools from my employer that are used at client site..' what did you answer to those 2 questions specifically? That is what determines your case for the most part, please post what you answered there

@Julius16, when you said 'who supervises me..asked me if there are any proprietary tools from my employer that are used at client site..' what did you answer to those 2 questions specifically? That is what determines your case for the most part, please post what you answered there

@northwest.bobby: I was asked the same questions to which I replied as below:

Who supervises your work?

Ans: I work directly with the Customer and report my weekly work to the manager from my company who visits the client location 2-3 times a week.

What does your (Employer's)Manager do?

Ans: He comes over have meetings with the customer on the day to day operations, have meetings with us explains the expectations and take our reports

Who pays you? Who takes your timesheets? Who pays for your Medical Insurance etc

Ans: My company

Then what the Customer interact with you?

Ans: Day to day technical work related to the operation of the Software I work upon

What Software do you work upon?

Ans: XYZ software.

Is it a proprietary Tool of your company?

Ans: No, we are the vendors for implementing and maintaining this tool.

I dont know what is a vendor.

Ans: We consult on this tool

Are there any more vendors involved between your company and customer?

Ans: No

Gave me a Blue slip saying we are not sure how your company exercises control over your work at client location and would need to verify.

Then nothing happened for 4.5 months, and then one fine day they asked for three more documents, Client invite letter, Itinerary, Copy of Contract between my company and customer.

Submitted that two weeks back. Nothing since then.

What do you think my chances are?

Thanks

Diwakar

• 1 month later...

I've attended for my Visa interview for H1B on Jan14th, 2012 and the officer said he wanted to look into my petition and retained my passport and gave me a white slip 221g - and the option "your application needs additional admin processing before a final decision can be made" was checked.

After 5 days, i got my passport back in blue dart, but I did not get the visa. With the passport, they sent me another white 221g slip with the administrative processing option checked.

Did anybody experience a similar case..

I am also facing same experience.

I've attended for my Visa interview for H1B on March 9th, 2012 and the officer said he wanted to look into my petition and retained my passport, employer documents(tax returns & notarized employee list) and gave me a white slip 221g - and the option "your application needs additional admin processing before a final decision can be made" was checked.

After 3 days(14th March 2012), i got my passport back, but I did not get the visa. With the passport, they sent me another white 221g slip with the administrative processing option checked.

Details:

1st time H1B visa

Permanent employee(since 1.8 years).

Hi All,

I just got my passport back with the visa stamped.

Date of Interview: Jan 5, 21012 (Hyderabad consulate)

EVC model

Common muslim name

No slip or case number given. VO retained passport, 797 copy, letter to USCIS, vendor and client letter.

Asked to respond to e-mail questionnaire. Replied same week.

Received Passport with stamp on 15th March (H1 and H4 for spouse)

Total time: About 9 weeks

No employer / client verification's done

Visa annotation says that clearance was received on the 8th of March

Did not do any follow ups except a couple of times with DOS.

Passport tracker link on VFS site was updated as the case moved from "under process" to ready for pick up, handed over for delivery etc. Also received e-mail and text message.

I wish everyone good and hopefully my positive news will serve as a morale booster for all those who are still waiting.

Please see link below for my visa interview experience.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/27842-221g-white-hyderabad-tracker-october/page__p__113365#entry113365

• 4 weeks later...

I am also facing same experience.

I've attended for my Visa interview for H1B on March 9th, 2012 and the officer said he wanted to look into my petition and retained my passport, employer documents(tax returns & notarized employee list) and gave me a white slip 221g - and the option "your application needs additional admin processing before a final decision can be made" was checked.

After 3 days(14th March 2012), i got my passport back, but I did not get the visa. With the passport, they sent me another white 221g slip with the administrative processing option checked.

Details:

1st time H1B visa

Permanent employee(since 1.8 years).

Yesterday(10th April 2012) i received mail from Hyderabad, CEA for passport submission. Today morning i have submitted my passport at VFS, Hyd. Waiting for response...............

Yesterday(10th April 2012) i received mail from Hyderabad, CEA for passport submission. Today morning i have submitted my passport at VFS, Hyd. Waiting for response...............

Hi Rangarao

Did you get any email/mail from the consulate for passport submission. Mine is also same case. The have retained LCA, MSA, I129) They already contacted my employer and client. My interview was on 7th March 2012. What was the process followed for you.. Did they contact your employer??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I have attended interview on 25th May 2012 for h1b VO asked for additional documents i have submited it on 30th May 2012 along with passport.

on 7th June they returned the passport with 221g adminstrative processing checked

can any one tell me how to track the case number.

How much time would it take?

Archived