Questions to ask to attorney before H1B RFE response filing

Nitesh15

Hi,

I had issues with my previous employer and hence applied for H1 transfer which received RFE asking for missing paystubs, W2s. (previous employer had not provided at that time).

Now after he has provided we are filing the resposne for the RFE.

Initially the lawyer was of the view that it would make my case stringer if I file a Labor complaint against my previous employer and include the details in the RFE response.

But now instead of doing that she is suggesting to include a letter for the H1 RFE purpose (the labor complaint should be seperatley done if required but not include it in H1B RFE response.)

Basically this letter would describe all the issues faced due to non-cooperation of the previous employer and my efforts to resolve them with him.

I am just wondering if this is the best way out..? I am planning to talk to her once, since these updates were provided to me via my current employer.

I need to know what questions should I ask her regarding the case like why letter, why not DOL complaint, will it complicate the transfer ? if yes why? these are some general ones.. anything more specific?

Thanks

Archived