H1 Transfer while working with current company

jha_img

I am currently working with Company A and planning to join company B some time in Feb.

Company B is going to start the H1 transfer in next couple of weeks.

My Visa is valid till 2013 Sept.

I am also planning to go India in April for 2-3 Weeks.

I need some suggestions

- Will there be any problem if Comany B start the transfer while I am working with Company A?

- As per current timelline if I am joining Company B in March and going to India in April. Will this will cause any problem during Immigration on Port of Entry? As I would have worked only one month with new company?

- Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

My comany B is American IT company who is direct vendor for many big clients.

There is no layer between Vendor(My Employer) and Client.

In this case also should it be fine to join the Company B and after one month go to India with all the Proper documents?

Is there any problem now a days on Prot of Entry? I haven't heard any thing but just wanted your veiws and suggestions.

Thanks

I am on H1b visa and have contract with company A for 2 years but they are not providing 40 hours/week so planning to switch company B.

1. Do I have to informed "company A" that I am leving on XYZ date? Like before a week or 15 days... notice...

2. If my H1b approve with "company B" on Feb 1 and then I will inform to "company A" that Feb 8 is my last day. I can work with "company A" from Jan 1 to Jan 8? and Join company B from Jan 9th?

Thanks

Also, Can I join Company B after say one or two Month of H1 approval?

My new Vendor is ready to File H1 for me in Feb some time and I am planning to join them from May 1st? I will on my current H1 till May? Do you see any problem with this?

Is there any time limit by which new H1 need to be used?

Thanks

Thanks Chitown01 for reply.

My visa in Passport is valid till Sept 2013. Satmping was done last year in Jan on H1.

My Initial Visa stamping was done when I was with my Prev employer. I left that employer last year in Aug.

I am again changing my current employer also.

If I go to India now (Say in Apr) then Do I need to go for stamping again due to 2 H1 transfer between or I can come with same Visa as long as Visa is valid.

Thanks

Archived