PROGRESS -JUNE 2010 PRIORITY DATE UNDER EB2 Category

sahsahsah2006

Hi friends,

This thread is for those who has Priority date of June 2010 in EB2 Category. It is becoming important to have all the documents in place , get ready. Would like to make this thread useful for everyone who is having June 2010 as Priority Date.

To start with, i am posting some useful checklist (few may know already) which is must for filing I485. Get these documents ready, Gear up....

First of time , spend little bit time to go through this document

http://www.uscis.gov.../i-485instr.pdf

Quick Handy Checklist

1. Birth Certificate -

2. Secondary Evidence of Birth certificate - Like license given in foreign country which has DOB and one of the parent's name on it, PAN card, Marks sheet etc...

Get a copy of Notarized parent's (father and mother) letter, briefing your full name and their full name clearly , indicating he/she is a daughter/Son of them.

3. Marriage Certificate should have full names of both parties (N/A for Single)

4. Document Translation - if any of your document is in native language , need to have this translated.

5. All non-blank pages of your current and old passports

6. All kinds approval notices, I94 documents from the date you entered US.

We will share more information to this thread.

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This news bothers me :-(

http://www.**********************

India nad China isas o retrogress again

On March 16, 2012, at the AILA Midwest Regional Conference in Chicago, Charlie Oppenheim, Chief, Visa Control and Reporting at DOS, informed participants that he will likely retrogress India and China-mainland born Employment-Based Second Preference priority dates to around August 2007, effective with either the May or June 2012 Visa Bulletin. He also advised that he projects that all EB-1 visas available in FY2012 will be used this year, resulting in no "spilldown" to EB-2.

This news bothers me :-(

http://www.**********************

India nad China isas o retrogress again

On March 16, 2012, at the AILA Midwest Regional Conference in Chicago, Charlie Oppenheim, Chief, Visa Control and Reporting at DOS, informed participants that he will likely retrogress India and China-mainland born Employment-Based Second Preference priority dates to around August 2007, effective with either the May or June 2012 Visa Bulletin. He also advised that he projects that all EB-1 visas available in FY2012 will be used this year, resulting in no "spilldown" to EB-2.

The source of your information is not visible. Can you cite the source without the URL?

Attorneys ? Will the dates move back to August 2007 in May or will it retrograde in steps in May and June..

I am waiting on my EB2 PERM approval (applied Feb 13th) and will be porting my EB3 priority date (April 22d 2008) and am really hoping to file 485 before the dates retrograde ..

In case they retrograde before my PERM approval.. will I have to wait like an year before filing 485..

• 2 weeks later...

@Ricky27 - It is not over confident , it is just preparation.

@IIIinois_Dude - It is already confirmed, DOS has lack of VISA numbers to approve cases. "EB2 cutoff date has been retrogressed internally to August 15, 2007"

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_032912.html

:-( Another saga for I-485 filings .....so ridiculous. The DOS should have gradually moved the Priority dates by 2 months or 3 months. Moving to 2 yrs and then retrogress back to 4 yrs, is really bad.

• 5 months later...

Crossing fingers and waiting to see November 2012 news bulletin. Sick and tired of waiting and waiting and waiting...

EB3 Porting to EB2 is more , so again EB2 will be really slow. The whole idea between EB2 and EB3 is clearly categorized , they should HOLD OFF porting requests to allow people in their own category getting processed. :-(

I think EB3 folks are more qualified than EB2 now, because of experience. I think EB2 people should wait for another 10 years or so...

I think EB3 folks are more qualified than EB2 now, because of experience. I think EB2 people should wait for another 10 years or so...

you should really present in Board of directors meeting at US Immigration office, Explain the team , the actual definitionof EB2 and EB3 category , Talk to Senator , pass the bill and then comment in this forum. In this way, we all do not waste time here.

you should really present in Board of directors meeting at US Immigration office, Explain the team , the actual definitionof EB2 and EB3 category , Talk to Senator , pass the bill and then comment in this forum. In this way, we all do not waste time here.

Same is applicable to you as well. Your earlier comment on putting hold on porting for EB3 folks is absolutely a BS. Why to hold off because you are not getting GC? ha? It is fact that most of EB3 folks with PDs in 2002, 2003 and 2004 have now more experience than 2008+ EB2 folks and there is nothing wrong if they are porting their cases under EB2 category.

Did you ever think how EB3 category people with PDs in 2002, 2003 and 2004 must be feeling when GCs are being approved for someone who have PD in 2008, 2009 or even 2010?

Did you ever think how EB3 category people with PDs in 2002, 2003 and 2004 must be feeling when GCs are being approved for someone who have PD in 2008, 2009 or even 2010?

Hilarious ! Why should i think how EB3 category feels about their own "S***". Bottom line is Federal government has declared categories how the labor application need to be filed. People who filed for EB3 , knows they were not eligible and because of no other way (no exp or not Qualified) went ahead and filed as EB3. They also know , this is going to take years in EB3 category. So what is the point , i get senimental about this. May be the Government should have let EB3 category applicants , to file for labor and leave to Bahamas for 10 yrs vacation return back and check for status for next phase (like Illinois_Dude mentioned in above thread)

The reason why I mentioned the vacation in Bahamas is not as much for EB3 people as it is for Pernal Guy. Let me clarify one thing - there are many people in EB3 who have been forced into this category despite having even a PhD because of company policy etc. I would encourage such people to find a new job that qualifies for EB2.

There are however individuals ( such as Pernal Guy) who have 3 year degrees or 3 + 2 year degree or for some other reason are not able to apply in EB2 and it is these individuals that draw sadistic pleasure if something bad happens to EB2. This is what really irritates me. People who are eligible to port to EB2 are busy in that process. It is only those who can't move to EB2 who try to get a sadisitic pleasure looking at the plights of EB2

Hilarious ! Why should i think how EB3 category feels about their own "S***". Bottom line is Federal government has declared categories how the labor application need to be filed. People who filed for EB3 , knows they were not eligible and because of no other way (no exp or not Qualified) went ahead and filed as EB3. They also know , this is going to take years in EB3 category. So what is the point , i get senimental about this. May be the Government should have let EB3 category applicants , to file for labor and leave to Bahamas for 10 yrs vacation return back and check for status for next phase (like Illinois_Dude mentioned in above thread)

Your sentiments are not required....EB3 folks have realized the fact that they not going to GC soon unless they upgrade to EB2 and they are doing it rightfully under the law that you are referring to. If you see latest demand data, you observe that many of 2003, 2004 and 2005 folks are going for EB2 upgrade.

So really speaking your comments about stopping upgrade are nothing but a big BS and coming out of the frustration that you not going to get GC for another couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived