H1b Transfer after I140 is withdrawn

wildwest

I was employed with employer A until sep 2011. I had an approved I140 with employer A. I changed to employer B and I got my H1 transferred and the duration was from sep 2011 - sep 2014. (My six years of h1b is complete in Feb 2012). The reason why I got H1b for 3 years with employer B is because of an approved I140 on file. After my H1b was approved employer A withdrew my I140. Employer B started my PERM process very recently and still has not filed it.

My question is if I have a better offer from employer C, can i transfer my H1b to employer C. Would I still get my H1b until sep 2014. How risky is it now to transfer to employer C in my situation. Just in case employer C applies for my H1b and it is not approved, can I still continue with employer B?

If 140 is withdrwan then as per my understanding you won't get new H1 extentions. Even with your current company B, any further extentions if needed has to be basis of new PERM and new I140.

After trying to do h1b with employer C and if its gets rejected you can continue with current employer B. Of ocurse better not to join employer C just on receipt of h1 submisstion but wait for approval.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived