Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

I-485 is current but i am in india now

Recommended Posts

Hi folks,

I came to india for marriage on may7th,2011. i got 221(g) on may 10th at hyderabad consulate.

I have labor and I-140.

Still i didn't get any response from Consulate.

On Dec14 th my I-797 is expired, based on I-140 i applied extention(7th year extention) from the same employer and same client.

Again I got RFE from USCIS. My employer has some financial problems and tax problems.

Unfortunately, My GC is current Now.

Is there any chance to apply i-485 from india?

Can anyone suggest me what i can do in this situation?

Share this post

Link to post

I485 is adjustment of status . This can be filed when you are physically present in USA. If you are out of USA, you will have to go for consular processing. Please check with immigration attorney regarding consular processing.

Share this post

Link to post

For CP, you absolutely have to go with the original employer. There is no employer substitution for CP.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this