H1B Stamping - India / UK

indiannusa

Hello Everyone,

I started working for my current employer right after my MS in USA. It has been 4 years and i am on H1B from Oct - 2010 (16 months till date)

Below is the model of my current employment:

Employer -> Vendor -> Implementation partner -> End Client.

As part of work i am supposed to visit client location in UK and if i step out of US i have to go to India for VISA Stamping.

1. Can i go to consulate in UK instead of India and return back to US as I have to report back to client immediately. (first stamping after getting H1)
  2. Vendor is suggesting to move to his company so that there will be less layers. But his company is new company (only one tax return till date). Can anyone of you suggest me which one is safe. Visa with my current employer with whom i was for 4 years (including OPT period) or Visa stamping with Vendor (only one company tax return).

I have letters from each one (vendor, implementer, client) saying that my responsibilities are monitored by my Employer with project duration of 3 years.

Thanks for your time.

1. Since your model is EVC (sort of), go to India... Now a days they are issuing lot of 221(g)'s for EVC model and review process takes time, if you get one in UK, you will get STUCK, in india you will be atleast in your home country....

2. Even if you plan to move to vendor it will be EVC model only... and vendor will have to file for your H1 again... EVC model is not safe for stamping.... Check Murthy bulletin, they recommend if you are working as a consultant AVOID travel unless absolutely needed..

Archived