Urgent-Is I-94 extension (after passport renewal) happening at Tijuana-Mexico OR Stopped !!!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Readers,

Like everbody else, I had the same problem of getting an I94 till passport expiry date.In my case, my wife and daughters also got the same date as me even though their passports were valid beyond the VISA expiry date.I think this is because they were on dependent visa (L2).

I would like to narrate my experience how I was able to get new I-94 at the Tijuana border on Friday (August 21, 2015).

1. Initially I was very concerned crossing the border with whole my family because of reputation of Mexico and reading news/stories about their drug gangs wars. But there was no cheap alternative as going back to India and return would have a very costly option specially when you have 4 members in your family.

2. I found this forum from google and read-out all the expereinces shared by other members of this forum. Thanks a ton to all those guys. It made me feel that it's not going to be difficult. Since I am already living in San Diego so that was a plus because I don't have to travel too much.

3. I collected all the documents as mentioned in other posts like (Petition I-129, Blanket petition I-797, Employment letter, Both Passports, Passports of my family members, marriage certificate, my daughters birth certificate and US driving licence 3 months before the I-94 expiration date. Then I preferred to wait because in one post, somebody mentioned that it is advisable to go there closer to your I-94 expiration date.

4. On August 21, 2015, (40 days still left for I-94 expiration date), I entered the Address of Jack in the Box (721, E San Ysidro) in my GPS and in less than one hour I reached there and parked my car.

5. After parking, I asked someone about the way to cross the border. He told me the way and we went ahead. Then I started getting sign board about "Pedesterian Path to Mexico' There is a ramp actually  which lead us to a tunnel like thing. The word 'Mexico' was written over that.

6. Entered into that tunnel like thing from the revolving door (actually it was a building). This building is used by Mexican Immegration department. There was a queue for non-mexican people and mexican people were going directly towards the exit gate.

7. It was written in this forum that no need to pay attention to these immegration desk so we started going forward towards the exit gate. A security person stopped us and asked us to go to the immegrating desk first. I told him that we are here just for I-94. He told that he does not understand English and I have to go to the immegrating desk first.

8. One of the Mexican Immegration desk person got free and he called us to enquire about what's the matter. I told him that we are here to just get new I-94. He asked about our passports and I said that I have the passports of all of us. Then he said that they have introduced a new procedure and now each non-mexican person has to go through our desks so that their entry is legal into the Mexico. He filled out the 4 forms by himself using our passports and stamped it. He gave us the lower portion of forms mentioning that now we are legally entering into the Mexico. He did not charge any fees for that. He even told me the path where I can get my new I-94 from the US immegration people.

9. After getting the relief that we are now legally entering into the Mexico, we started going ahead towards the Exit Door. Just before the Exit Door, we had to press a button and it illuminated a light. If the light is green, you are good to go. If the light is red, you have to go scan your bags/luggage. Fortunately for us, it was green and we quickly came out of the exit gate.

10. After coming out, it was a long U-Turn (approx 200 meters) to get back into the line to enter back to the USA. When we were walking, we find out that Tijuana is just like typical Indian city. Same type of people (atleast from the skin color perspective), Roadside food stalls, small shops, stray animals. My wife's taste buds got active after seeing roadside food stalls but I said that we should go out ASAP. She agreed to it immediately (one of the rare case though).  There was a long line for the local people to enter into USA. In our case, we kept going on ahead and at the very beginning (where the line starts) there was another gate on the right side for I-94/ PERMITS. We entered into that gate. There was A security person and I asked him how to get a new I-94 and he pointed out to go inside the building.

11. Inside the building, there were approx 12 people in the line. In the corner, there was a small glass box where each person has to pay 6 dollars to get a new blank I-94 card. I gave the money and asked for new I-94 cards. He asked for passport and after looking a bit, told me that I don't need a new I-94. Before I could say anything, he went to his senior. He returned back and said okay and gave us new I-94 cards.

12. After getting new I-94 cards, we waited for our turn in the queue. During our turn, the officer just asked for the I-129 petition and passports and after looking the details, He scanned our fingers and eyes and he stamped our passports and filled out the I-94 cards till the visa expiry date and handed those to us

13. After coming out from that building, we had to go ahead a little bit and we were back in another queue to get into the USA. The security officer just looked into our passports and I-94 cards and scanned it and allowed us  to enter into the USA.

14. Just before the gate, there was a conveir belt where we had to drop our bags. We dropped our bags on the belt and picked those from the other scanning end. After that we came out of that building and we were back in the USA.

15. You will not be interested what happened next so leave it.

I tried to narrate my experience as it happened with me. I hope it will be useful to you so that you can plan accordingly. Now I can say that there is nothing to fear about. Just keep your documents properly and you are done. I found all the persons very polite.

Well Narrated by Bansa128, in previous post. Interestingly, I went on 24-aug-2015, and I felt like Bansa128 narrated my experience.

Hi all, 

There is change in process at Mexico entry, and for the benefit of this community, I want to narrate my experience. 

My Case Details

• I am on L1, and wife on L2 and two children are US Citizens.
  • We entered at SFO, and my wife was given shorter I-94 (till 19-Oct-2015) because of passport expiry.
  • I went to CBP (Customs and Border Protection) at SFO, but they rejected to extend her I-94. They said they only do corrections and no extensions. And, this (they mentioned) is not a correction. If we need to extend, they mentioned either she has to go out of country and reenter, or file I-539. We found I-539 takes 3-4 months. Later, I called them (to check if different officer gives different answer), but got same answer.
  • We decided to go to San Ysidro / Trijuana, because we need the extension quicker (for my wife’s driving license extension)

Now My Experience

• Took one day off and made this a vacation trip. Drove on Friday evening with family from Fremont, CA to Lego land.
  • Spent 2 days (Saturday, Sunday) in Lego land and water park.
  • on Sunday evening drove from Lego land to San Ysidro and stayed in hotel (Travelodge - reasonable and economical). But be very careful, not to cross border on I-5 when you drive to hotel. It is very close to border.
  • Monday morning started at 9:45 from hotel, parked the car behind Jack In The Box around 10 am.
  • Walked to the corner, and crossed the tracks. Here the path to Mexico was changed recently. Lot of previous posts mentioned to go over bridge. Now no bridge, but good sign boards are available in Blue. You can also check with security guards at the end of the road. You may find lot of Mexicans, but most of them don’t even speak english, and better to avoid them.
  • Followed the sign boards by walk, and entered into a building with one-way revolving grill door, which is NEW MEXICO PORT OF ENTRY Building.
  • (NEW) Once I am inside, I realized the process seems to be changed from what I read in this forum in previous posts. Initially I was bit nervous, as I am with family and some thing different from what I expected. But, things are smooth, nothing to worry.
  • I found two boards - 1.Mexican Citizens (on left);  2. Internationals (towards counter).
  • Mexican Citizens walk through, But for Internationals they INTRODUCED NEW PORT OF ENTRY PROCESS.
  • They asked:
    • our passports;  what is the purpose;  how long we are going to stay; where are we staying; etc..

•  She filled 4 forms (kind of US I-94s but bit colorful :) :)  ), and stamped on all our passports.
  • NOTE: I felt like, they are also new to process, and not aware of people who come there just for I-94s. And they are not fluent in English.  NO need of Mexico Visa. I read online: if you are not going beyond 20 km from border and and not staying for more than 180 days, Indian Citizens do not need visa (but, double check before you plan).
  • Once through with process, you need to go through one security/customs check detector.
  • (NEW) Then come out of the building, and walk on to street and make right and follow the “General Public” board, but DO NOT STAND IN GENERAL PUBLIC LINE. You just have to follow the line all the way till the building entrance. Follow the General Public boards ONLY to locate the building entrance.
  • There you will see, another entry on right side for I-94. Or, you can check with the security at the gate.
  • We were told to get into the I-94 line, where 2-3 people are there. After wards the line increased to 20-30 people. As we went on Monday, more crowd even for I-94.
  • After 15-25 mins, they asked us to get inside and wait on the benches which are in front of the CBP building
  • After 15 mins or so, they allowed 10 people inside the building.
  • Inside the building, at the corner we paid $6 for I-94. He asked for passport and checked something and printed the receipt and gave blank I-94 card. Make sure you carry USD cash. They do accept Visa cards I believe, but, better to carry USD cash.
  • With that receipt and blank I-94 card, continued on the same line.
  • In about 10-15 mins, one of the CBP officers at the counters called us.
  • I explained my situation. She asked, what do I do, where do I live, what kind of work I do. She asked for my passport and my I-94 also.
  • She did not ask anything other than passports and I-94s. But, I did take these documents:
    • passports, I-129s, I-797, last 3 pay-stubs, employer letter, lease document, rental receipt, 3 recent utility bills with that address (PG&E, Bank Statements, Water bills), SSN cards, recent W-2, recent tax file (1040),  Children US passports, Children PIO/OCI (worst case if i have to fly from Mexico to India), children US birth certificates.

• These people seem to be familiar of I-94 conditions and process. She printed details on the blank I-94 (given at the cash counter) and returned to us. She also did stamp on my Wife’s passport wit new I-94 date.
  • Once I-94 issued, came out of the building, and walked right through “General Public” line (different from previous “General Public” line which is outside the campus/compound)
  • Here it is just like any US port-of-entry process, whey you fly in. But, much simpler, and no stamping done on your passport.
  • Immigration officer asked us, why we came to Mexico, bringing anything from Mexico etc. We mentioned: for my wife’s I-94. He was very friendly, and had casual chat like - asked how long did it take to get our I-94, and spoke about change in Mexico entry process.
  • He checked the new I-94 and scanned all our passports and checked our visa stampings and let us through. WE DO HAVE VALID VISA FOR RE-ETRY. I AM NOT SURE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE RE-ENTRY VISA, IF THEY ALLOW BACK INTO US.
  • They scanned our bags, then, we are through the exit door which is US

Good Luck All !!!

Thanks Newbie for sharing your experience! You went there before your I-94 expired! Is it still a good option if I-94 is already expired?

Yes, I think you can still think of this option. I would suggest at the Tijuana border, ask for a tourist visa from the immigration people for 3 days. May be they ask you some fees for that. That way you will be entering into Mexico legally.

If you get new I-94 at the border, then good enough.

If not, then you can plan of coming out from Mexico by flight.

Hello Guys,

I just want to report this,

My I-94 was expired due to expirty of my passport. but I have H-1b and I-797 until Aug 2016.

I enter to the states on May 21st 2014, and my Passport was expiring on January 20th 2015.

So, the CBP(Custom Border Protection) gave me I-94 validity until January 20th 2015.

On January 16th 2015 I exnted my passport and I got it until 2025, however, I totally forgot about I-94, until I realized on February 4th 2015.

I contact Local CBP on my area, since I live in Los Angeles, I went to CBP Long beach and LAX they both told me they could not help, and I have to go to either downtown or out side the country and coming back, otherwise my status as of now is over stay, however they didnt even bother to catch me(thanks God), so I was able to leave the CBP without any problem

But In order to go to Downtown CBP, it needs reservation and I heard it will take you forever for wait, and there is no guarantee that they can fix your I-94, so what I did is drive to the San Diego, and cross the Tijuana borders from San Ysidro on February 7th 2015.

On Mexico I was able to Extend my I-94 without any problem, however I was waiting for almost 4 - 5 hours! since the I-94 is also line for those Mexican people to get permit to works or enter to the united states.

Just for your information, if you do decide go to Mexico for I-94 exntension or fixing your expire I-94 I would advise go there not on the morning or noon time! if you could try in early morning or midnight, since they are open 24 hours, I would assume it would be less waiting time.

and please dont forget your, Passport(if your passport expired, bring both new and old one with the H1B visa stamp on it) and your company offer letter and I-797.

The question that they will ask is just, your tittle, and what do you do, and verify the address of the company, thats all!

Also when you are in mexico, please go all the way to the right, there is a General, 3 line, I believe(from the left, General/Public Line, Ready Line, and SIR(or SR) something like that)

Dont go to those 3 lines, just go all the way to the right, if you are not sure which line try to go front first and check it, there is a sign that indicating I-94 Extension or permission/permission  something like that, go to that line.

Then all should be good! and dont forget to bring $6.

I hope this help for some of you, if you have other question let me know, I will try to answer whatever I could.

Hi,

I am actually in a similar situation, I just realised that my 1-94 got expired July 03-2015, I am planning to go san Diego this week. from your experience do you see there are going to be any issues in getting new I 94 as I am passed 30 days from my expiry date. please reply as I am little worried. 

Hi,

I am actually in a similar situation, I just realised that my 1-94 got expired July 03-2015, I am planning to go san Diego this week. from your experience do you see there are going to be any issues in getting new I 94 as I am passed 30 days from my expiry date. please reply as I am little worried. 

Hi Sid3848,

My I-94 also expired about 30 days ago. Could you give me your contact info so I can talk to you? I am planning to go to San Diego as well. 

Thanks!

Hi

Any one planning to go to Nogales AZ (Mexico border) from Phoenix pleae email me at ******************@outlook  . com

will plan and go for extension.

Thanks

Edited by MurthyAdmin
Members who wish to share their contact information may do so by updating their profile with the information they wish to share.

This forum has been a great help. The amount of detail with which folks like Ashish have written their experience makes I94-extension-at-SanYsidro a familiar experience even when you go there for the first time.

I went to San Ysidro post last week for I94 extension after passport renewal. My passport is expiring in July'14 and one can got any time before that for extension.

So now to my experience; From San Diego airport I took bus no. 992 to which would drop me at the City College Trolley station - it is the last stop for the bus so you can sit back and enjoy the city. On the bus I took a day-pass which is valid on bus and trolley for the whole day and cost me only $7. From City college station take a blue line to San Ysidro Transit center and it is the last stop on that line.

At San Ysidro station there are clear signage for the path to Mexico which is a 3 min walk; cross the revolving gates and follow the crowd down the stairs. Once you are there immediately turn right - you will see line of people entering USA. There is a separate gate for I94 entry - you can straight away get through the gate and enter the building where permits are issued.

Apart from the Passports and I94, also carry petition document, employee verification letter and couple of latest pay stubs. CBP officer might ask you questions as to why are you here - I told him my case of I94 extension. At first, he told me I am good and there is not really any case of new I94. I explained him my situation again at which he asked me to come and meet his senior. After listening to me his senior told him to give me an I94 till my visa expiry ( I was really tensed till now and it was great relief that this thing sorted out quickly.) Back to the junior officers desk - he said he is new here and was getting such a case for the first time. So in case this happens with you, you can ask for speaking to a senior officer.

After getting new I94, you can enter USA where officer might again ask you where do you stay, why are you here etc. and will allow you to go. After exiting the building you are again at San Ysidro station and can take the trolley back to San Diego downtown.

Thanks,

Umesh

Hi Umesh,

Can we apply for the extension at USCIS office rather going to Maxico border ? Please reply.

Regards

Anuj

My I-94 got extended at Tijuana border on March 7th 2015 (Saturday), would like to share my experience.

Note: Some Important Points to be noted here to avoid confusion, I will try my best to share each and every point so that it will be easy to others!!

1) Drove from Bay Area,CA on March 6th 2015 (Friday) @10:00PM, reached San Ysidro border on March 7th 2015 (Saturday) @5:45AM PST.
2) Parked my Car behind 'Jack in the Box' parking space. Parking Address: 721 E San Ysidro Blvd, San Diego, CA 92173, paid $7 for 8 hours
3) Crossed the border by feet, you see signs "Pedestrian path to mexico", just follow the path and you see "Revolving Door" to enter Tijuana.
4) After passing Revolving Door you will see the people waiting/passing in lines to enter the USA, lines go towards right, ****dont go left****.
5) Dont join the "General Public" line, keep passing from the right most way, you see two gates one for "General Public" and other Gate for "I-94/Permits".
6) Once you enter that "I-94/Permits" Gate, you will see the CBP office building on the right.
7) Entered into the CBP office around 6:00AM PST.
   Officer: officer asked what do you want? 
   Me: surprised to hear that, but anyways told him I came for I-94
   Officer: told me go to the next counter and pay $6 cash to get I-94
   Lady officer: went to the lady officer, showed my passport and asked her I-94.
   Lady officer: She looked at my Visa on old passport and saw the Visa validity till May 2016 and told you don't require I-94.
   Me: Again surprised to hear that :) gave her I-797 approved copy as well.
   Lady officer: officer saw the port of entry stamps on opposite page of Visa, she saw 29 May 2016 date on one of the                               stamp, she said you don't require I-94.
   Me: reason for that stamp on my passport: in June 2013 when I came from India CBP officer in SFO by mistake didn't                 check the passport expiry date and entered Visa expiry date, which is May 2016, even in 2014 I went to India but              that time CBP officer in SFO stamped till passport expiry April 11th 2015.
   Me:  I have couple of port of entry stamps on opposite page of Visa, since I travel to India more frequently.
   Lady officer: She verified I-797 and she noticed the I-94 on the I-797 approved copy, she again told me that you have
                         I-94 in your I-797 so no new I-94 required.
  Me: Since I have not detached the old I-94 on my I-797 she got confused, she said that she will check with the senior                 officer.
  Lady officer:  she went to officer and told the situation, he said that she is right and I don't require new I-94
  Lady officer:  she came back to me and told you are good, no I-94 required!!!
  Me:  Now I understood the situation and the officers knowledge on I-94.

Lady officer came out of the room after taking to officer and she came to me with my passport and I-797 and she is trying to convey that I dont require I-94.

I clearly told her that, if you see my opposite visa page on passport you see multiple port of entry stamps, she said yes I can see that, told her each time I go out of the country and while coming back to USA the CBP office in airport looks for my Visa validity and passport expiry and puts the stamp, if the passport expires before the Visa expiry date, they put the date of passport expiry. With all these explanation I showed her last port of entry stamp and the date on it, which is April 11th 2015, I told her since the I-94 is online, my online status show that my I-94 is valid till April 11th 2015, so I came here to cross the boarder to update my I-94. Finally!!!! she understood and said Okay I will give you I-94, please pay $6 cash she gave I-94 paper copy  (Blank copy) and asked to go to CBP officer!!!

Hold on Guys!!! story not done yet!!!! :)

Note: Lady officer in the room will only verify whether we need I-94 or not and will issue  I-94 paper copy  (Blank copy) only by taking $6 cash, main information in I-94 will be updated by CBP officer in the same office.

Joined the Line and went to  CBP officer, CBP officer took the passport, I-797 and I-94 paper copy (Blank copy), Officer after seeing the I-797 and my Visa he told the same story that I don't require I-94, again repeated the same story to the officer and finally gave me paper copy of I-94 and updated it online as well!!!! :)

Once done with the I-94 came out of that building and joined the General public line to enter USA, CBP officer asked why I came to mexico, told him that I came to update my I-94 and said I am work in USA on H1B, he verified my visa and I-94 on the passport and he said you are good to go, while coming out I passed my bag through security scanner for  screening and collect the bags once done, Finally Came out the building entered USA!!!!

Total time : 6:00AM to 7:30AM PST, go early to avoid wait times in Lines.

Guess What caused Confusion here????
Yes...you got it! I-94 on your I-797 Approved Copy!!!

Remove the I-94 on your I-797 Copy and explain your situation to CBP officer to get your I-94, CBP officers in San Ysidro (Tijuana) boarder are very polite and friendly!!!! :)

Key Points:
1)Make sure you carry both old and new passport
2)I-797 Approved Copy Original
3)Employment Verification Letter
4)Make sure you have Valid H1B Visa on you passport to enter USA
5)No Mexico visa required to enter Mexico, since you are crossing the boarder by walk!
6)Carry latest pay stubs

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the update. Can it be possible to extend I-94(after passport renewal) by USCIS ? Or is ii compulsory to go outside from US to get the updated I-94 ? Please reply.

Regards

Anuj

Hi All,

My name is Anuj . Me, my wife and my kid have applied for the new passport as the old passports were going to expire in Feb 2016 and based on this I-94 was given to me. I have renewed all our passports (me, my wife and my kid).

I am staying in Bay Area (Foster city), CA and now planning to go to San Diego either in the weekend of 12th September 2015 or in the weekend of 19th September 2015 to renew our passports. 

If someone is also planning to go to San Diego in same time and interested, please let me know. We are 3 members (me, my wife and a kid of 5 years old).

Regards

Anuj

Hi Sid3848,

My I-94 also expired about 30 days ago. Could you give me your contact info so I can talk to you? I am planning to go to San Diego as well. 

Thanks!

Hi reba123,

I'm going to Tijuana border tomorrow, do you stay in California? Please share your contact info, so that I can call you.

Thanks!

Hi All,

My name is Anuj . Me, my wife and my kid have applied for the new passport as the old passports were going to expire in Feb 2016 and based on this I-94 was given to me. I have renewed all our passports (me, my wife and my kid).

I am staying in Bay Area (Foster city), CA and now planning to go to San Diego either in the weekend of 12th September 2015 or in the weekend of 19th September 2015 to renew our passports. 

If someone is also planning to go to San Diego in same time and interested, please let me know. We are 3 members (me, my wife and a kid of 5 years old).

Regards

Anuj

I just want to report this,

My I-94 was expired due to expiry of my passport 07/03/2015. but I have H-1b and I-797 until April 2016.

After reading all the threads and I am pretty much confident to go to San Ysidro.

Now My Experience:

• Took  day off on Friday and flew from Boston to San Diego. 
  • Arrived to San Diego on Friday 08-28-2015 afternoon around 2:00 PM. As I am very exhausted I took a cab to jack in the box, cab driver stopped opposite to Jack in the box as he cannot cross the signal as this is  the border.
  • Walked to the corner , and crossed the tracks. Here the path to Mexico was changed recently. Lot of previous posts mentioned to go over bridge. Now no bridge, but good sign boards are available in Blue. You can also check with security guards at the end of the road. You may find lot of Mexicans, but most of them don’t even speak English, and better to avoid them.
  • Followed the sign boards by walk, and entered into a building with one-way revolving grill door, which is NEW MEXICO PORT OF ENTRY Building.
  •  Once I am inside, lady officer was standing and I asked her I am here for I 94, she check my passport and suggested me to go to officer.things went smooth, nothing to worry.
  • I found two boards - 1.Mexican Citizens (on left);  2. Internationals (towards counter).
  • Mexican Citizens walk through, But for Internationals they INTRODUCED NEW PORT OF ENTRY PROCESS.
  • They asked:
  • ( who actually checks the passport and filled the form and gave me the card and said now you are legally entering into the Mexico) , and stamped on the passport.
  • Once through with process, you need to go through one security/customs check detector.
  • (NEW) Then come out of the building, and walk on to street and make right and follow the “General Public” board, but DO NOT STAND IN GENERAL PUBLIC LINE( few guys wearing white shirts' like brokers in India' were standing there and asked me "I can help you to take in front of gate for I 94, I said NO ) and followed the general public line as everyone mentioned in the thread. You just have to follow the line all the way till the building entrance. Follow the General Public boards ONLY to locate the building entrance( if you see line is crowded no way to walk, walk from left side disabled line I guess).
  • There you will see, another entry on right side for I-94. Or, you can check with the security at the gate.
  • I stood in the I-94 line, where 30 people are waiting. After wards the line increased to 50-70 people. 
  • After 30 mins, they asked us to get inside and wait on the benches which are in front of the CBP building
  • I don't know why it took so long, After 1 Hr or so, they allowed 1st 5 people inside the building.
  • Inside the building, at the corner I gave him Passport and  paid $6 cash for I-94. He printed the receipt and gave blank I-94 card. better to carry USD cash.
  • With that receipt and blank I-94 card, continued on the same line.
  • In about 5 mins, one of the CBP officers at the counters called me.
  • I explained my situation. She asked, why you are here, I replied- I am here for new I 94 as passport got expired and I have to renew the passport, she said OK i got It. she checked something in system and asked me to give finger prints.
  • She did not ask anything other than passport . But, I did take these documents:
  • passports, I-129s, I-797, last 3 pay-stubs, employer letter, address proofs, SSN cards, recent W-2.
  • These people seem to be familiar of I-94 conditions and process. She printed details on the blank I-94 (given at the cash counter) and returned to me ( she was very polite). 
  • Once I-94 issued, came out of the building, and walked right through “General Public” line (different from previous “General Public” line which is outside the campus/compound)
  • Here it is just like any US port-of-entry process, whey you fly in. But, much simpler, and no stamping done on your passport.
  • Immigration officer ( he is little frustrated but nothing to worry)asked me, why you are here I replied I am here for new I 94, Officer asked what you do and how much you earn( I am not sure why he asked for my earning), I replied I work as a Programmer analyst and I earn $$K, he asked only this much you earn and i replied 'YES'.
  • He checked the new I-94 and scanned my passports and checked my visa stamping and let me through. I DO HAVE VALID VISA FOR RE-ETRY.
  • They scanned my bag, then, the exit door which is US

Good Luck All !!! Nothing to worry,but carry all the documents and we never know what they ask.

Thanks again guys who initiated this thread.

Hi All,

Regards

Anuj

Hi Anuj, My wife is on L2, and when I called CBP, they did mention we can file with USCIS for I-94 extension (i-539 form). You can call CBP at San Francisco ( (415) 844-5227, 5228). Only thing is, it may take some time - 3 to 4 months. Because we needed the extension quick, we went to San Diego on 24-Aug. Thx.,

Hi,

I am alos in same situation. I am on L1B and my I 94 has date till March 2016 becaus eof my old passport expiry. Now i renew my passport and i want to extend the I 94 date asap as i am planning to do my parents visiotr visa and worried if i did not extend the I 94 date then may be US consulate in india rejects their visa.

I called Minneapolis CBP and they simpley said NO that they don't do it here. Go to USCIS and file the extension.

Going to Mexico border seems easy option. Is anybody going there in Mid september?

Any response will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Nitin

Hi All,

Regards

Anuj

Hi Anuj,

Could you please share your contact info with me so i can also plan at same time?

Thanks,

Nitin