Urgent-Is I-94 extension (after passport renewal) happening at Tijuana-Mexico OR Stopped !!!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prabhanjan09 - Good Luck. Let us know how it went.

It was good experience, but should have followed strictly to Mr sbsingh about the I94 line and building on right side. I asked about I94 line to a police officer and he was not speaking english. It was unexpected. But due to weekend the Queue was moving faster. The entire process took close to 2 hrs (entering to Mexico, took some photos :) and coming back to USA). If you are taking car, please park at the factory outlets area (which would be free) and walk from there. CBP officers are polite and friendly. 

Hello

I have the same situation, from Dallas, I94 expiring in June , passport recently renewed.

I called the CBP office in Dallas airport to check if they do any renewal, obvious answer was no. But then the office also said Dont go to Mexico or Canada as they dont include that as a valid i94 departure and hence at the port of entry they retain the old i94 date.

So do i need to travel before my i94 expires and return back to US after it expires.

I was planning to go this long weekend, now confused after that statement, wouldnt they renew the i94?

Please help, thanks!

Hello

I have the same situation, from Dallas, I94 expiring in June , passport recently renewed.

I called the CBP office in Dallas airport to check if they do any renewal, obvious answer was no. But then the office also said Dont go to Mexico or Canada as they dont include that as a valid i94 departure and hence at the port of entry they retain the old i94 date.

So do i need to travel before my i94 expires and return back to US after it expires.

I was planning to go this long weekend, now confused after that statement, wouldnt they renew the i94?

Please help, thanks!

Hi,

. I already booked ticket from Dallas to San Deigo on May 29 to cross border (Mexico).  Let me know if you want to join and  contact me via email (updated in my profile)

We flew to Jamaica for a vacation and came back. Got the I-94 updated for my wife. I am in Miami area so it was a shorter flight for me as compared to flying to San Diego.

Note : Indian and American passport holders do not need a visa to go to Jamaica. For coming back you must have your passport stamped.

It was a good experience. Immigration officer at the MIA airport was very polite and nice. The only question we were asked was "Are you guys visiting"? Before we could answer anything he looked at his computer and said " Ohh, you guys are coming back!!" Stamped the passport, updated the I-94 and said "Welcome back guys"!!

I-94 was immediately updated online as well.

Good luck to all of you!

Hello Friends,

my old passport was expiring in Aug 2016 and while entering in US POE officer entered date till my passport expiration date.

Now I have renewed my passport and I have new i797 with new company which is valid till January 2019 with attached i94. But online record still shows my old entry which is expiring in Aug 2016.

Do i have to go to POE for I-94 extension? Anyone in similar situation?

Thanks in advance. 

Hello Friends,

my old passport was expiring in Aug 2016 and while entering in US POE officer entered date till my passport expiration date.

Now I have renewed my passport and I have new i797 with new company which is valid till January 2019 with attached i94. But online record still shows my old entry which is expiring in Aug 2016.

Do i have to go to POE for I-94 extension? Anyone in similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

Most recent i94 is king. Either poe or 797.

I guess u r good.