Urgent-Is I-94 extension (after passport renewal) happening at Tijuana-Mexico OR Stopped !!!

Hi, i have a similar situation as in this thread with I-94 expiring on 17th Jan 2016. I have a new passport now.

Are things still same at San Diego? For some reason, my employer suggested to make sure to stay for a day outside US. Would really appreciate if some one could share their experience from last one month.

Thanks,

Mohan.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Any body planning to go to San Dieago CA in December first week please let me know.

Mine & my family I-94 expiring on 11 Jan 2016.

Thanks 

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep,

Mine is getting expirted on 9th of Jan. I havn't booked the ticket yet. Let me know If I can join you. Please share me the details of your travel if finalized. You can mail me if you want to.

Thanks,

Siddarth

Hello

We are in the same situation as in this the read with my son's I-94 expiring on 17th Jan 2016 and with valid visa till Sep 2016. Those (especially Pradeep and panwar18) who travelled San Diego- Mexico border in December first week can you please share the details of your travel ? Are things regarding I-94 extension still same in Mexico? Do you guys got I-94 extension without any mess?

What are all the documents to carry(in my case it's for my son)? Expecting your reply.

Thanks in advance

Hi Pradeep,

Mine is getting expirted on 9th of Jan. I havn't booked the ticket yet. Let me know If I can join you. Please share me the details of your travel if finalized. You can mail me if you want to.

Thanks,

Siddarth

Hi Pradeep,

I'm planning to visit San Dieago in December first week.

Hi    Any body planning to go to San Dieago CA in December first week please let me know.

Mine & my family I-94 expiring on 11 Jan 2016.Thanks 

Pradeep

Hello friends,

It would be really appreciated if you share the details of your San Diego-Mexico travel to get i-94 extension? What are all the documents to carry(in my case it's for my son whose I-94 expires on jan17th 2016 with valid visa till Sep2016)?

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I switched from company A to B on receipt notice of H1b  visa but visa transfer was denied.

immediately I found company C which filed new petition and it got approved in premium.

So I got I 797 but without I 94.My Visa is stamped from A till Sep 2016.

My attorney asked me to go to Mexico and get I 94 while geting back in US.

Let me know for any issues if you guys know any or should I got to India for stamping ?

I am coming to San diego on 24th Dec eve . Let me know if some1 want to join.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends,

My wife is going to San Diego this week end for her i94 renewal.

Can someone please tell if anyone had recently been to mexico border near San diego and are things still the same.

Also, wanted to know if crossing  San Ysidro Border by foot is okay.

@Sai_raj9, Can you please share your wife experience  on getting I-94 extension in Mexico border. I'm also in need i94 renewal and planning to go Mexico border near San Diego, sometime this month.

Hello All and @siddu_raj,

Yesterday my  wife went to the Mexico Border near San Diego and she successfully got her i94 renewed.

Thanks to each and everyone for sharing there experiences that really helped to follow the route there.

@SidduRaj,

Please follow the instructions given in this forum on how to reach the i94 counter there in San Diego. It really helps a lot. Please let me know for any further questions.

She entered into the Mexico border around 10:40 AM and came out by 11:55 AM.

Forgot to mention,

They didnt ask any question during i94 renewal. They just asked for her i797 and the recent address in USA.

Once this is done she got her new i94 and while coming out there is a security officer who checks our passport. She asked for her passport and I797 and asked who she works for and thats all. 

Hi All,

When I was searching for topics on how to get I-94 extension after passport renewal I got found this to be more useful.

My I-94 is valid till June-2016 (L1 I-797 valid till Apr-2017) and I got my new passport now.  However I have following questions to proceed further.

1. Can I go to Canada before June 2016 (planning in April) or do i have to do it just before I-94 expiring (2-3 days).

2. Is there any time of I-94 expiry before which we should not cross border?

3. I stay in Tampa, FL and planning to visit Canada and come back after 2 days.  Will I get I-94 extended?

Can any one share experiences of visiting Canada for I-94 extension purpose which will be helpful.  Also if anyone done it thru Bahamas please share.

As I am new to this forum please guide me to appropriate thread if this is not the right one.

Thank you. 

Hi All,

I have my I-94 valid till 1st week of March 2016. I am planning to visit Mexico boarder in 1st/2nd week of Feb.

I need some information. My H1-B amendment was applied recently (on Jan15) due to change in my job location.

And i do not have that receipt yet. Do i need to wait till i get receipt or i can go ahead with old docs (I-797 and other documents)

Also, what is the list of documents we need to carry.