Re-capture of time on H-1B

kartsada

My H1-B visa is expiring in Oct 2012 and my company started the process of PERM filing only in Dec 2011. In order to re-capture time spent outside the country my company is asking for documentation related to my travel outside the US in order to file for re-capture of time spent outside on H1B. I have a few questions related to this process and any help from attorneys or people who have already gone through this process before is highly appreciated:

- What kind of documentation need to be produced for filing? I have sent scanned pages of my passport with the departure/entry dates stamped at the port of entry (India/US immigration).

- How long does this process normally take ?

- Is it safe to travel while this process is underway? Will it create a problem at the port of entry?

Thanks in advance.

Generally, passport pages documenting your travels in and out of the U.S. are primary evidence. You can also gather other documentation supporting these stamps such as airline tickets and credit card statements. USCIS is generally adjudicating H1B extensions in approximately three months unless the petition is filed pursuant to premium processing. Regarding travel, please discuss this directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney as the details of your circumstance will influence the answer. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded H1B Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived