lastname different between passport and I797

rajasekharg

Hello,

My wife has her visa appointment tomorrow morning (Jan 17th, 2012) at Hyderabad consulate. Her new passport contains the married lastname while her I797 approval notice contains her maiden lastname (for some reason, her employer applied for her H1B extension that way). Can someone tell us if this may cause any problems in obtaining visa? Do you have suggestions on how to handle the interview on this topic? Also, if the visa is issued on her maiden lastname (based on I797), can that cause any issues at the port of entry?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

- Raj

Hi., This shouldnt be a problem. We are at the same boat. Our Attorney said, as long as we carry the proof for the name change we should be ok. Dont worry.

Can you please let us know your experience in this forum. We are planning for the stamping on march 12th with the similar case. good luck.

Hi., This shouldnt be a problem. We are at the same boat. Our Attorney said, as long as we carry the proof for the name change we should be ok. Dont worry.

Can you please let us know your experience in this forum. We are planning for the stamping on march 12th with the similar case. good luck.

Thank you for the information. Yes, I will post our experience once we have any updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived