Any one got re-affirmation from USCIS and got visa ?

rohit666

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I work in EVC model. Last August I got 221g in Chennai to submit employer related documents. I submitted the documents within a week and a month later I got the refusal letter stating that the visa is refused and my case is being sent back to USCIS for review. Last month my employer received the reaffirmed approval notice I797C without any NOIR/NOID. Initially we thought the consulate will contact us and decided to wait. When we did not hear from the consulate we decided to mail VFS and got the reply below:

-----

Please carry the the 221-G letter copy and other relevent document along with your H1B reaffirmed petition at Chennai Consulate on any working day Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10 am to 12 pm. Please carry a hard copy of this email for your reference.

-----

I am planning to go next week. All these days I have been working remotely for the same employer-vendor-client.

Does anyone know if I need to fill out the DS-160 again? Or is the old confirmation enough for the re-interview?

Probably CodeVISA or rajthewizard can better answer my question.

Regards

Reaffirmed EVC .. you will n't need a new DS160 as the re-interview is about your pending case under section 221g.

Be cautious while talking about your remote work to the V.O as you may get more questions on taxes etc..

Your employer (attorney) can better answer this for you.

After interview, Pl post your experience here or email to akgoje(at)yah..com as I'm in the same situation, waiting on my reaffirmation notice (case status updated online, havent recieved I797 yet).

Thank you and all the best!

All,

Here comes my GOOD NEWS, "VISA GOT APPROVED".

This is my interview at Chennai COnsulate, after the case has been reaffirmed by USCIS.

As soon as I approached interview Window, VO went out for a minute with my documents.

VO: XXX is your employer

me:YEs

VO: Where are you heading to?

me: XX state

VO: Your emploer is at YY location, but you are flying to XX location, you work for a client?

me: Yes

VO: Who is the client?

me: XYZ

VO: What is your role?

me: replied

VO: What you do?

me: explained my job responsibilities in short.

VO: How much you will be paid?

me: $ amount as on LCA.

VO: Are there any middle vendors in between?

me: NO

Then came the mesmerizing words "your visa is approved and will be couriered in a week."

Some back ground: I went for my first visa on Feb 4th, 2011. Imposed 221g. Sent docs on March 7th. Got visa refusal letter on March 9th. June 9th USCIS received my case. And they reaffirmed on Feb 9th. Today, April 3rd I went for my VISA.

First time it was EVC model. Now it is EC model. I did not have any new H1 etc as strangely in my case primary vendor was removed.

Thanks a lot guys.

All,

This is my interview at Chennai COnsulate, after the case has been reaffirmed by USCIS.

As soon as I approached interview Window, VO went out for a minute with my documents.

VO: Your emploer is at YY location, but you are flying to XX location, you work for a client?

Then came the mesmerizing words "your visa is approved and will be couriered in a week."

Some back ground: I went for my first visa on Feb 4th, 2011. Imposed 221g. Sent docs on March 7th. Got visa refusal letter on March 9th. June 9th USCIS received my case. And they reaffirmed on Feb 9th. Today, April 3rd I went for my VISA.

First time it was EVC model. Now it is EC model. I did not have any new H1 etc as strangely in my case primary vendor was removed.

Thanks a lot guys.

aanaluguru congrats !!!

What is your service center CA or Vermont? Also how did u approach chennai consulate after ur case is reaffirmed? what is the process to to schedule re-interview after re-affirmation?

Congratulationss @aanaluguru. Happy for you.

So of all this year you are working for the same client? You are saying You changed from EVC-EC model?

So, I beleive you removed your vendor in between? Is it correct Can you explain?

Can you send your mail address or send a test mail to mrvamsidhar@gmail.com?

All,

Thanks a lot guys.

Many congratulations for getting the Visa. I am also in the same boat. If you do not mind could you please share your contact# with me? My email address is h1b_help@yahoo.com.

@vgk_la

What is your service center CA or Vermont? Also how did u approach chennai consulate after ur case is reaffirmed? what is the process to to schedule re-interview after re-affirmation?

Vermont service center. After I got reaffirmed petition, I797C, from USCIS to my employer, I got a copy of it. Emailed vfs helpline with the document and they did informed to walk-in for interview on Tuesday/Wednes/Thurs between 10 to 12PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

EVC visa approved at Chennai after 221g > case sent back > reaffirmed > re-interview. I received my passport with visa in a week.

Link to my earlier post: http://forum.murthy....580#entry134580

Here is my re-interview experience:

Once VFS responded that I could come with the reaffirmed petition on any Tue/Wed/Thu, I emailed them and specifically asked if I needed to take a new appointment by paying the HDFC fee. This was their reply:

-----

You may come in on any working Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10am to 12pm. There is no need for you to take the appointment. Please carry a hard copy of this email for your reference.

-----

I had to show the VFS letter to gain entry. The VFS booth located outside the consulate in Chennai will need proof that no new appointment is necessary. Therefore, it is better to have an email from VFS stating so. To make things easier at the booth, it is better if each applicant carries a copy of the VFS email.

At the VFS counter inside, the person asked for my passport, original reaffirmed petition I797C and the same DS-160 confirmation page that I had used during my first interview in August 2011. He bundled these docs together, gave it back, and asked me to proceed to the other building for the interview.

When my turn came at the interview counter, I gave the bundled docs to the VO. He also asked for the LCA, I129 and USCIS letter. I gave these along with a latest letter from my employer stating that my position was still available. Questions asked were:

1. Are you with the same employer?

2. How long have you been in the US?

3. How long with the current employer?

4. Who is the client?

5. What is the client's address?

6. Has your employer filed for your green card?

The VO did not ask for any other documents. The VO said he is approving my visa and I will get my passport in a week. He kept my passport and DS-160 and returned the rest - I797C, LCA, I129 etc.

Some Notes:

1. USCIS Vermont Service Centre reaffirmed my petition.

2. Though the VO who had interviewed me the first time was available and interviewing at another counter, a different VO interviewed me this time.

3. I did not involve any Congressmen or Senator to inquire/expedite my case.

4. USCIS/DOS/Consulate did not contact my Employer/Vendor/Client anytime.

5. The case status on USCIS website still shows the old message: “Post Decision Activity - USCIS received this case from DOS with a request that we review it...”

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Got my visa @ Chennai consulate after reaffirmation:

Dec: Case sent back to USCIS from Ottawa

Jan: USCIS received my case

Mar: USCIS reaffirmed my case

Apr: PIMS updated (got an email from Ottawa to come for a re-interview)

I went to Chennai instead, Interview was a cakewalk. no docs or proofs asked.

All the best !

• 5 months later...

Actually I am on the same situation I got 221g at ottawa they asked me to return to the embassy today and they have informed me that they have revoked my H1 B and sent for the USCIS for further review .Can any one tell me how much time does it gonna take to get the reaffirmation and can i contact any one for this process ? what is the next step for me to do so?

Can any one give their email ids who has undergone this kind of situation and got succefully stamped ?please help me with this .

@Gita - sorry to hear abt ur situation.. Unfortunately when a case is returned to USCIS, it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year to get reaffirmed.

I have been through this mess and it took me a yr to return back to the US (9 months for reaffirmation followed by reinterview). Fortunately my client was cooperative enough and I was able to work remotely all along.

If that option works for you, then you may have to wait it out .. Else look for another employer and try a transfer .. I have seen quite a few ppl who have done that and were able to return sooner...

• 3 years later...

All,I got NOIR on my I-797 in August 2011.That I-797 was about to expire on Sep 2011. So my employer just applied for my new extension and simultaneously answered the NOIR.So I got new exgension by sep 2011. NOIR on my other I-797 was reaffirmed on Jan 2012.(this month). During this process, so many friends suggested me to change employer, but, I neither changed my employer or my client.I just stayed where I am and I answered to NOIR. I am going to VISA with same employer and same client. Lets see....

Any updates on your case? Was visa eventually stamped ?

Archived