Any one got re-affirmation from USCIS and got visa ?

rohit666

Hi, I had a visa interview on 20th Dec, I submitted my documents on 23rd doc. and then first week of Feb,2012, i got a letter from Consulate that tthey sent my documents to USCIS. yesterday i checked my status on USCIS site and my case is "Post Decision Activity"

statge.

Is anybody knows what will be the further process? if i want to know status of my case, to whom i have to contact ? USCIS or Department of States?

please guide me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi DontWorryBeHappy,

That's kind of strange. USCIS mails the reaffirmation notice after updating the status on the website. Did you contact USCIS to find out why the petition status is showinp up as 'under review' still? No, but they mailed the original copy of the reaffirmed petition to my employer. I was told that the posts are supposed to send an email to PIMS@state.gov if they do not find the information on PIMS and it usually takes 2-3 days for KCC to verify the information present in CLAIMS3 database of USCIS and update PIMS with the latest status - not sure why the posts are not following this practice in our case. Thanks, I will request my attorney to contact PIMS@state.gov

Options that my Employer is exploring currently -

Following up with the local service center to see if they have forwarded the petition to KCC

Sending an email to PIMS@state.gov directly

Sending a request to the US Consulate to follow up with KCC

Thanks

Will keep you posted, pls let me know if you have any updates on your case. Thanks.

No further updates from my side. Sure, I will keep you updated.

Hi, I had a visa interview on 20th Dec, I submitted my documents on 23rd doc. and then first week of Feb,2012, i got a letter from Consulate that tthey sent my documents to USCIS. yesterday i checked my status on USCIS site and my case is "Post Decision Activity"

statge.

Is anybody knows what will be the further process? if i want to know status of my case, to whom i have to contact ? USCIS or Department of States?

I think you just need to wait for USCIS review or find another petitioner/employer.

please guide me.

visa type : h1 b (FTE)

date : 9th aug 2011

issued 221g green at the time of interview, case has sent back to USCIS (vermont sc) for further review.

USCIS has received my application at 4th oct 2011.

10th feb 2012 got re-affirmed from USCIS. Contact VFS, they said write an email to the consulate with the detail and attached photo copy of 797C.

VFS reply

As per the US Embassy you can come to the embassy on any working day before 12:00 for a re interview with all supporting original documents from the USCIS which states that your petition has been reaffirmed. Please also bring a copy of this correspondence to access the visa line.

I would like to know if any one has re-interviewed in new delhi, plz reply.

Thanks

issued 221g green at the time of interview, case has sent back to USCIS (vermont sc) for further review.

10th feb 2012 got re-affirmed from USCIS. Contact VFS, they said write an email to the consulate with the detail and attached photo copy of 797C.

VFS reply

As per the US Embassy you can come to the embassy on any working day before 12:00 for a re interview with all supporting original documents from the USCIS which states that your petition has been reaffirmed. Please also bring a copy of this correspondence to access the visa line.

Thanks

@cac. Be positive and give your best shot. I saw a guy from this forum itself who was reinterviewed again and was given 221(g) again by repeating the same employer-employee related questions and they told USCIS reaffirmation doesn't guarantee you a visa. I don't want to discourage you. But your case may be different. I saw in another forum where one attorney told 2/3 rd of the reaffirmed petitions from their law firm have been stamped. It's all comes to luck and the preparation from your side. All the best and don't forget to post your experience as it helps others...

Visa Date: Feb 4th, 2011

Visa rejection letter after 221g query: March 9th, 2011

USCIS recieved docs: June 9th, 2011

USCIS reaffirmed: Feb 16th, 2011

I went to Chennai Consulate. After one year of waiitng i got my case reaffrimed. All these days I am working remotely for same client. My case is EVC.

After the case got reaffrimed I sent an email with the document i797C asking for next procedure. They asked me to walk-iin to chennai consulate on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10 am to 12 PM. Now i am in process of procuring my documents and will soon attend for an interview.

I have following questions:

1) As this is a walk-in (not appointment) do i need to submit documents before 5 days?

2) I am not aware of this PIMS! What is this please suggest.

I will keep posted for any updates.

Thanks

HI Aanaluguru,

If you have a reaffiremed petition you can go to the consulate without any prior document submission to chennai consulate. My case is similar to yours I went to consulate yesterday with a reaffirmed petition. Good news is I got my visa approved. so All the very best for you and I am pretty sure if you are confident you will get the visa.

Also regarding PIMS, did you get the reaffirmend I797, or check on the USCIS website to see what is the status of your petition that was sent back it should be in post decision pending and below it should mention the petition is re approved. If you find that then i think you are good to go.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Raj

Visa Date: Feb 4th, 2011

Visa rejection letter after 221g query: March 9th, 2011

USCIS recieved docs: June 9th, 2011

USCIS reaffirmed: Feb 16th, 2011

I went to Chennai Consulate. After one year of waiitng i got my case reaffrimed. All these days I am working remotely for same client. My case is EVC.

After the case got reaffrimed I sent an email with the document i797C asking for next procedure. They asked me to walk-iin to chennai consulate on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10 am to 12 PM. Now i am in process of procuring my documents and will soon attend for an interview.

I have following questions:

1) As this is a walk-in (not appointment) do i need to submit documents before 5 days?

I will keep posted for any updates.

Thanks

@aanaluguru, what other documents we need to carry other than the reaffrimation copy. I am in similar boat like u.

Hi Rajthewizard,

Congratulations !! I have been following your posts and happy to note that you got visa. It is encouraging because mine is a similar case as yours. Only thing is my interview happened only on Jan-11-2012. So probably it might take another year to be in a same position as yours. So could you please let us know what questions they asked in the re-interview ? Did they again touch upon Employer-employee questions ? Thanks.

-> I don't think so but pls email this question to VFS to get a more accurate answer.

-> Don't worry about it, its none of your headache. Ideally when your employer files they submit to copies of the petition - one for the dept that uploads your petition to PIMS, even if you are missing PIMS info - they get it updated once they don't find it - all it costs you is a delay of 2/3 days.

HI Aanaluguru,

If you have a reaffiremed petition you can go to the consulate without any prior document submission to chennai consulate. My case is similar to yours I went to consulate yesterday with a reaffirmed petition. Good news is I got my visa approved. so All the very best for you and I am pretty sure if you are confident you will get the visa.

Also regarding PIMS, did you get the reaffirmend I797, or check on the USCIS website to see what is the status of your petition that was sent back it should be in post decision pending and below it should mention the petition is re approved. If you find that then i think you are good to go.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Raj

Hi Raj, did u schedule your interview, it was just walk in. Would u also please post what questions u were asked and what documents u carried.

Do u mind sharing ur contact info, u can get my email ID from my profile.

Guys, I received an NOIR for my previous I-797 and got reaffirmed. Now i am going for VISA stamping next week with latest I-797.I will give some update to you next week.

Hello CodeVisa,

I would like to know more about your case and its status, can you please forward me you contact details. You can reach me at dludhani@gmail.com.

And all the best.

Thanks

Hello Guys,

I am Deepak, I had my interview on 19th Jan'12. And I received a mail stating that my case has been sent back to USCIS in Kentucky. I have been checking my case status on USCIS web site but it does not show any updates except the last approval status.

I have been reading this post but not able to get the complete picture. Has anyone received any confirmation from USCIS after such scenario, please update me about it. Also i would need some guidance in this matter.

I appreciate all your help, I can be reached at destinyschild786@gmail.com.

Thank you.

@rajthewizard Congrats dude. Happy Journey. Wish to be in your shoes now.. Couple of questions.. 1) EVC? 2) Are you working remotely all these time? 3) What docs you took to consulate? - new vendor/client letter, employment verification letter, etc 4) What questions were asked during re-interview? 5) What is your advice for us after getting the reaffirmation?

@cac - All the best man, wish you post the good news like @rajthewizard soon.

@

H1breject,

Go ahead and type your H1b petition case number in USCIS.gov then sign up for alerts on that particular case number.

I recived an email with following message first then another email saying reaffirmed.

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On December 27, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

@Questionaire :

Thanks a lot for sharing the info about the USCIS case update.That was helpful.

I have been issued a 221g with the"petition bing returned to USCIS" marked on Feb 2012 at the Chennai consulate.

Does anyone know what would be the case if the current petition exprires before a decision is made by USCIS?

My petition is valid till Sept 2012. I see that USCIS would take longer than 6 months to review.

Technically they should not revoke an expired petition, but practically they do sometimes still adjudicate it after expiry. Irrespective of what they do - your company needs to file for extension of petition and hope that it gets extended.

In the interim while the above happens, you should really try for a new employer to file for your H1 - to have any chances try for direct client or if not at least EC model.

HI All,

I have a reaffirmed petition and I got my visa after the reinterview. If you have any questions you can post them here or send and email to rajthewizard1@gmail.com....

I am asking you to send an email bcoz it is hard to keep a track of the different threads...

Regards

Raj

Congrats! Good to know that you are through. You are among the very few I know who have got the visa after their petition was reaffirmed.

HI All,

I have a reaffirmed petition and I got my visa after the reinterview. If you have any questions you can post them here or send and email to rajthewizard1@gmail.com....

I am asking you to send an email bcoz it is hard to keep a track of the different threads...

Regards

Raj

@rajthewizard - can you please let me know if we are supposed to receive any other documents from USCIS besides I797C after the petition is reaffirmed. thanks in advance!

VFS reply

Thanks

@cac - i will be attending my second interview soon and i request you too pls share your experience if you have been re-interviewed.

Archived