Any one got re-affirmation from USCIS and got visa ?

rohit666

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I went to consulate at Hyd on Oct 3rd 2011. i was given 221g white with administrative query, saying your petition will be sent back to USCIS to be revoked.

He took my original I129, LCA, both client and vendor letters.

I asked VO "What are my chances of getting stamped?" He told me that USCIS is the ultimate decision maker based on the notes they provide.

I received an email in a week saying your visa has been denied. saying that my original petition (while applying my H1b) has no information regarding XXX company (my present vendor from May 2011) and while attending for Visa, i have 2 letters (client as well as vendor) which says i am working for ABC (Client) through XXX.

My case was was reopened on Dec 27th and reaffirmed on Jan 23rd. saying your case will be sent to Dept of State for visa processing.

Not sure how my visa stamping goes. Didn't book my appointment yet.

Share your thoughts

H1breject,

Go ahead and type your H1b petition case number in USCIS.gov then sign up for alerts on that particular case number.

I recived an email with following message first then another email saying reaffirmed.

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On December 27, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

H1breject,

Go ahead and type your H1b petition case number in USCIS.gov then sign up for alerts on that particular case number.

I recived an email with following message first then another email saying reaffirmed.

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On December 27, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Hi questionnaire, the turnaround from USCIS was pretty quick on your case. Happy for you! Did you/ employer do any sort of follow up with USCIS through a congressman/Senator etc? Please keep us posted with the next steps.

Visa Interview: Sep 30th 2011 @ Hyderabad US Consulate.

Visa denied under section 221(g) and refusal letter sent to my email on Oct 18th.

Grounds of rejection ==> baseless and false.

Petition sent back to USCIS for further review and on Dec 27th my Petitioner was contacted with NOIR. Rebuttal by my attorney.

Jan 24th, Petition reaffirmed and sent to my Attorney.

Contacted VFS today. They said, there is no need to schedule an appointment with the consulate as the Visa was denied under section 221(g) and not 214(b). Advised me to write an email to the consulate with the detail.

Heard back from the consulate later this afternoon - my petition status in the PIMS database is not yet updated to "Re-Affirmed". Unless PIMS is updated there is nothing the consulate can help me with.

I assume its a waiting game. My attorney is on top of this; as soon as I hear anything, I will post it here.

Please do the same.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Below are my details -

- Interview - October 14th, 2011 - Issued 221g - Case sent back to USCIS for further review

- USCIS received the case on December 24th, 2011

- USCIS reaffirmed the case on January 14th, 2012 - Petitoner did not receive any NOIR/NOID

- Received reaffirmed I797C in the last week of January 2012 and sent an e-mail to the Consulate

- Consulate replied back stating that the PIMS has not been updated with the reaffirmed petition information yet, it will continue checking and quickly notify me if there is any update

- Currently working with my Attorney to get the the PIMS updated

Will let you guys know when I have further updates, please let me know about your updates as well. Thanks.

Hi h1b023, I am in the same boat as well. My employer got the reaffirmation copy on Jan 31 2011 but in USCIS case status it is still showing as under review. Meanwhile I contacted consulate, I got the same reply as you that it needs to be updated in PIMS. Can you explain what attorney can do to update the status in PIMS? My attorney has no idea about it...

Hi DontWorryBeHappy,

That's kind of strange. USCIS mails the reaffirmation notice after updating the status on the website. Did you contact USCIS to find out why the petition status is showinp up as 'under review' still? I was told that the posts are supposed to send an email to PIMS@state.gov if they do not find the information on PIMS and it usually takes 2-3 days for KCC to verify the information present in CLAIMS3 database of USCIS and update PIMS with the latest status - not sure why the posts are not following this practice in our case.

Options that my Employer is exploring currently -

Following up with the local service center to see if they have forwarded the petition to KCC

Sending an email to PIMS@state.gov directly

Sending a request to the US Consulate to follow up with KCC

Will keep you posted, pls let me know if you have any updates on your case. Thanks.

Archived