Change of Company during H1B Renewal

vb40148

Hi,

My current employer( A) has applied for H1B extension and its still in process as 'Initial review' . But I have a job offer from a new Employer ( B), who is ready to file my H1B. Is this Allowed, while a petition is already in review? and while filling H1B , the new employer (B) will use my 797C( Notice of Action) from employer( A) and file , i believe? Please help me out folks.

If this OK or any situations I need to be aware of before moving to new company (B).

This may be a re-post. Thanks in Ahead!

Your New employer B can file for your H1 as well, no problem with that....

However they will have to include your most recent Receipt# from employer A with the application as well.

Ask them for premium processing, you should know the result quickly.

Personally, to be on a safe side, i would say don't switch until you receive approval

Hello,

I've filed for my H1B on Aug 2011 and received and RFE on first week of January 2012 stating that USCIS need an evidence of Employer-Employee relationship and a client letter from my current client.

Just to let you know that i fall under E-V-C category but my current client is not ready to issue me any client letter and my project is ending on Third week of January 2012 and i am still looking for another project to get.

Another company (Co. B) approached me and they liked my profile. I have not mentioned anything about RFE which i've got. Just told them that i've had applied for my H1B extension and waiting for my approval to get. Is there any issue if i transfer my H1b with Company B. or do i have to first solve my RFE with my current employer and then can do a transfer. Please advise me.

Could anyone please provide me their input for this matter. How to handle this situation.

Many Thanks in advance!!

Archived