Possibilities with 7th year extension

abcdef

If you received a 7th year extension while changing employers on the basis of a pending I-140 (from the previous employer), are you allowed to change employers again in the 6th or 7th year? Can you continue with the 7th year when you apply for another transfer? The I-140 that was pending has since been withdrawn and its not clear whether it was approved or not.

What are the possibilities and limitations in this situation?

Generally, to be eligible for a post H1B sixth year extension the individual seeking the extension must have either an approved and valid (not withdrawn or revoked) I-140 petition, or 365 days have lapsed since the filing of the ETA9089 PERM application and it is still valid (not expired or revoked/withdrawn). If you have additional questions, please contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney. The Murthy Law Firm has very well-regarded Green Card and H1B Departments with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived