January 2012 Bulletin Track EB2 Approvals

FreedomUSA

Hello,

Derivative's application (wife's) for EAD has been approved and even got an email today saying the card has been mailed. But the primary application (mine) is still in initial review. Did this happen to anyone? I am not sure how they process these applications. I thought primary application will be processed first and then dependent's.

Appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks in advance!

Mumora,

My case is similar to you. My wife's EAD and ADP was approved and also recived the card in mail. Mine is still in review. I have seen couple of these cases and I guess it's not something unusual.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Derivative's application (wife's) for EAD has been approved and even got an email today saying the card has been mailed. But the primary application (mine) is still in initial review. Did this happen to anyone? I am not sure how they process these applications. I thought primary application will be processed first and then dependent's.

Appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks in advance!

All,

Thanks a lot for your comments!

Priority Date - July 2008

service center - TSC

Notice Date - Jan 16 2012 (current in Jan)

FP Scheduled - 02/21

FP early walk in on 2/9 (Alexandria VA)

We have been waiting for EAD for last 20 days after FP. Is this usual? I have sen lot of flks getting EAD approval within a week of their FP appointment. Attorney says wait for 30 days before calling USCIS. Please share your experience.

service center - TSC

FP Scheduled - 02/21

We have been waiting for EAD for last 20 days after FP. Is this usual? I have sen lot of flks getting EAD approval within a week of their FP appointment. Attorney says wait for 30 days before calling USCIS. Please share your experience.

My RD was 01/03/12 and FP was scheduled and done on 02/10/12, But i received EAD only on Saturday 02/26/12. So its quite possible that you will receive EAD in a week or so hopefully.

service center - TSC

FP Scheduled - 02/21

EAD does not have a dependency on FP. you should get EAD within 90 days of applying for it. Before that, there is no point in calling.

hey guys...I think i got greened !!!

On February 28, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

Kumariah

hey guys...I think i got greened !!!

On February 28, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

Kumariah

Congrats Kumariah.

I think i saw your post in ******** too...

was you pd Dec-2008 ?

hollykick When I called USCIS requesting them to schedule a finger print notice they mentioned that we have to wait for 30 days from the receipt date. They will take a request only after that. I mentioned my receipt date and hence they had taken my request. With in three days I got FP notice in mail. dush51 yes, we shall associate in sharing our experiences. I had plans to fly India with in next two months. That's the reason for trying an early walk-in, also had to visit client during third week of March. I don't want to re-schedule again. Anyway, did you try to go for a walk-in? My PD is March 2008, once dates are current for many, I heard processing is first come first serve.

Hey iChap,

I did not got for FP yet. My date will be current tomorrow. I wanted to know if you had any problems if you do early walk-in! I'm gonna show them my tickets and see if they'll accept an early walk-in.

Thanks for the reply.

I really doubt the people who post they received EAD/AP before FP.

As far as my knowledge goes,its impossible.The whole point they do the FP is that they want to make sure they are not giving EAD to someone with criminal records.

There is no way giving the EAD first and doing FP later, which totally defies the purpose.

I know all this because,i was told by a rep at NSC when i applied for my student EAD last year.

They need your picture and code2 biometrics for I 765 which is mandatory.They will use the picture for your EAD card taken during the FP.

code 3 biometrics (all 10 fingers is required for FBI check)

EB2 - India

NSC

PD: 05/28/2008

PD Current in Jan,2012

Applied AOS, AP and EAD on Jan 3rd, 2012

Receipt Notice Date: Jan 17, 2012

FP Notice: Waiting

My husband (main applicant) and I both got our EAD/AP cards about 2 weeks ago . After that we got our FP notices.

FP appointment on 1st March.

Hopefully we get our GC's too soon enough, sometimes the wait seems unbearable when we are this close !

EB2-India

Service Center : Nebraska(NSC)

Priority Date : Sept 14, 2007

Priority date curent in Nov, 2011

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Jan 3, 2012

Receipt Date: Jan 04, 2012

EAD/AP Approved for spouse : Feb24, 2012(approved only for my wife. my applications are still 'initial review' status)

No FP notice yet.

update:

EAD, AP for spouce - card mailed on 02/28.

Received FP notice on 02/29. scheduled for 03/21.

Did my Biometrics/FP today at Indianapolis ASC per my scheduled date/time. I initially just showed my appointment notice and driver's license and they did ask for a second ID. I showed my passport.

EB2-India

NSC

Priority Date : March 31, 2008

Priority date curent in Jan, 2012

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Jan 10, 2012

Receipt Notice Date: Jan 17, 2012

Check cashed: Jan 18, 2012

Received receipt notice in mail: Jan 23, 2012

FP Notice : Recvd Feb 12, 2012 for Feb 29th, 2012

EAD/AP: Approved Feb 21, 2012. Combo card received Feb 27, 2012

I really doubt the people who post they received EAD/AP before FP.

As far as my knowledge goes,its impossible.The whole point they do the FP is that they want to make sure they are not giving EAD to someone with criminal records.

There is no way giving the EAD first and doing FP later, which totally defies the purpose.

I know all this because,i was told by a rep at NSC when i applied for my student EAD last year.

They need your picture and code2 biometrics for I 765 which is mandatory.They will use the picture for your EAD card taken during the FP.

code 3 biometrics (all 10 fingers is required for FBI check)

You are not right. EAD/AP can be got before FP. only thing is your finger print will not be on cards.

EB2-India

NSC

Priority Date : Oct 28, 2008

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Jan 6, 2012

Receipt Notice Date: Jan 13, 2012

Check cashed: Jan 13, 2012

Received receipt notice in mail: Jan 25, 2012

FP notice received on 16th of Feb 12 for mar 9th

EAD Approved on Feb 29 and waiting for EAD card-------

I have moved to new apt on mar 1st so how can handle this now? if I will file AR-11 form, is there any problem?

EB2-India

NSC

Priority Date : Oct 28, 2008

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Jan 6, 2012

Receipt Notice Date: Jan 13, 2012

Check cashed: Jan 13, 2012

Received receipt notice in mail: Jan 25, 2012

FP notice received on 16th of Feb 12 for mar 9th

EAD Approved on Feb 29 and waiting for EAD card-------

I have moved to new apt on mar 1st so how can handle this now? if I will file AR-11 form, is there any problem?

Please file AR-11 and also inform USCIS of change of address by calling them and update their database.

Also have USPS forwarding enabled.

Archived