January 2012 Bulletin Track EB2 Approvals

FreedomUSA

Clearly if we are saying it will follow the order when it got to USCIS, then my date was jan 24th, so i am assuming nobody who filed in NSC got an FP after that date isnt it.

These cases are assigned to several officers as they come in. Depending on the applications load they get processed a day or two ahead or late.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on my case;

EAD application status changed to "Card/Document Production" yesterday. Now waiting starts for 485.

Good Luck Friends!

Guys,

If you look at my last but one post on this page, I was worrying about my EAD approval 3 days back. I got EAD approval emial on Monday and today I couldn't believe my eyes by looking at the approval emails of mine and my wife's 485's.

I checked the status

We are very happy to share this with you all.

I have few questions;

1. I heard USCIS mails an approval notice before the card production, do they send that notice to employer?

1. What would be the online status when they mail the notice?

(In our case it was changed from “Initial Review” to “Card/Document Production”)

1. Will employer be notified by USCIS about the approval?

1. Are there any formalities after we get the GC?

We wish you all very best..

Thanks in Advance!

EB2-India

NSC

Priority Date : June 04, 2008

Priority date current in Jan, 2012

Applied I-485, I765(EAD) on Jan 3, 2012

Received Date: Jan 5, 2012

Notice Date: Jan 10, 2012

FP : completed on Feb 22

EAD: waiting.

The status is still shows Initial review.

Is anyone in the same situation?. Can we call customer service to enquire about EAD?

Found this from another website. I checked mine, found they are processed and responded back to agency.

This is just a verification that your FP is correctly captured and good. May be helpful....

--============================================================

If you want to check on your Fingerprint status after submitting the fingerprints at ASC, If its with the NSC/TSC or not, you can call the following number:

304-625-5590 (FBI Customer Care) and select option #2 - #4 - #4.

You ask for your fingerprint status & background check results by providing the A# for you and your dependents.

Code 2 Fingerprints (Kids with only thumb impressions) are not submitted to FBI so please save your time and hassle in explaining it to the customer service rep since they wont find them in there records.

Just check upon your and your older dependents who submitted the Finger prints in Code 3.

They will tell you when they received the fingerprints and when they responded back to the NSC/TSC. No results just the dates.

Hopefully this will get you some more useful data about your own case to pass to the thread.

Update, 03/13/2012

FP: Still waiting (I-485 online status shows "Acceptance")

EAD/AP: Received email from USCIS today that both I-131 and I-765 are approved and card production is ordered

(Received dependent wife's approval email for I-131/I-765 yesterday, 03/12/2012)

Update 03/14/2012

Received FP notice in mail today

FP Notice date: 03/07/2012

FP Appointment date: 03/28/2012

Guys,

If you look at my last but one post on this page, I was worrying about my EAD approval 3 days back. I got EAD approval emial on Monday and today I couldn't believe my eyes by looking at the approval emails of mine and my wife's 485's.

I checked the status

I have few questions;

1. I heard USCIS mails an approval notice before the card production, do they send that notice to employer?

(In our case it was changed from “Initial Review” to “Card/Document Production”)

Thanks in Advance!

Hello All,

The status again updated this morning to "Decision" and says the following;

"On March 14, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

Actually it’s changed from “Card/Document Production” to "Decision". Is that how it supposed to be? Please respond also can somebody please clarify me on the above questions from my last post??

Thank You!

Guys,

I checked the status

I have few questions;

Thanks in Advance!

Wow! Congrats Mumora...enjoy the green life..

Guys,

I checked the status

I have few questions;

Thanks in Advance!

Mumora, congratulations on your Green Card. That was quick. Can you tell us if have travelled outside of US in the past few years?

I read in other forums that if you have not travelled in the past 5 years or so then the background check will be easy and fast and the chances of getting your GC faster are more. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Invasion

Good to see many approvals. My EB2 PD is Nov 2008. Unfortunately, due to employer and attorney delays, my application was sent only on March 12,2012.

I hope there will still be visa numbers left for me to get GC this year.

My attorney told me that I will get receipt notices in the next two weeks directly by mail. How do you get the email receipt notices? Would they initially send it to attorney?

Mumora, congratulations on your Green Card. That was quick. Can you tell us if have travelled outside of US in the past few years?

I read in other forums that if you have not travelled in the past 5 years or so then the background check will be easy and fast and the chances of getting your GC faster are more. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Invasion

Hi invasion,

Thanks.

Our last trip to India was in Dec 2010. We got our visas stamped in Jan 2011 and returned back the same month.

I am not sure of that statement about background check. We will leave that to the Experts for any comments...

Good Luck!

EB2-India

NSC

Priority Date : June 04, 2008

Applied I-485, I765(EAD) on Jan 3, 2012

Received Date: Jan 5, 2012

Notice Date: Jan 10, 2012

FP : completed on Feb 22

EAD: waiting.

The status is still shows Initial review.

Is anyone in the same situation?. Can we call customer service to enquire about EAD?

Mine is same situation as yours only difference is I and my family did finger printing on 02/24/2012.

EAD/I-485 approval is still waiting.

I am not sure what would be next step I need to follow.

Shall I call USCIS customer care and request the status of EAD application?

Hello Experts,

Please help me understand the situation.

Here is my case ;

EB2-India

TSC

Priority Date : May 2008

Applied I-485 and I765(EAD) on Jan 03, 2012 (For me and my wife)

TSC received and receipt date is JAN 6th 2012

Receipts received around 12th Jan 2012

FP Notice : Received around 23rd JAN 2012 scheduled on 6th 2012

FP completed: Feb 6th 2012.

Derivative's EAD approval notice 24th Feb

Derivative’s EAD card received 29th Feb.

Primary EAD approval 12th March 2012

Primary EAD mailed 14th March 2012. (Not Yet Received)

On 14th March both 485 application status were updated to “Card/Doc Production” from “Initial Review”

On Early hours of 15th March again status changed to “Decision” on 485’s and says the following;

Decision

On March 14, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

From what I learnt by reading the posts on this forum is ; the status change order would be

Initial Review > Decision > card/Doc Production.

Is it normal to happen the other way like in our case? Did anybody experience this?

Experts please comment..

Thanks in Advance!

EB2-India

Service Center : Nebraska(NSC)

Priority date curent in Jan, 2012

Applied I-485, I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on Jan 10, 2012

FP notice received in mail : Feb 10, 2012

FP Appointment : Feb 29, 2012 (but given FP by early walk-in on 02/17)

EAD/AP Approved email received : Feb 24, 2012

I-485 approved for self and family on : 3/15/2012

Good luck to all of you!

@venkat_reddy

Thank You!

Also if you have already experienced this, can you please answer my questions?

Mumora,

My 485 is still not approved. But when my EAD was approved, initially the status was “Card/Doc Production” and the next day it changed to "Decission". I guess that's how the system works and there is nothing to worry about it.You should receive your GC within a week time.

Mine is same situation as yours only difference is I and my family did finger printing on 02/24/2012.

EAD/I-485 approval is still waiting.

I am not sure what would be next step I need to follow.

Shall I call USCIS customer care and request the status of EAD application?

If you are expecting any emergency(some one in your family is seriously ill) travel then you can call USCIS and raise SR for EAD/AP. If they feel it's genuine, then chances are that your 765 is approved with in a week time.One of my friend had an emergency situation to travel to India while his 485 is pending and he called USCIS to request for EAD/AP and it got approved the next day.

If you are expecting any emergency(some one in your family is seriously ill) travel then you can call USCIS and raise SR for EAD/AP. If they feel it's genuine, then chances are that your 765 is approved with in a week time.One of my friend had an emergency situation to travel to India while his 485 is pending and he called USCIS to request for EAD/AP and it got approved the next day.

Today morning I received SMS and Email saying My and wife's EAD is approved.

Waiting for the EAD card in hand.

Waiting for I485 approval.

EB2-India

Priority Date : December 2008

Priority Date Current in January Visa Bulletin

Applied I-485 (AOS), I-131(AP) and I765(EAD) on 01/23/2012

Nebraska Service Center

​Received Date : 01/26/2012

Notice Date : 01/31/2012

Receipt Received in Mail : about 02/08/2012

FP Notice Received : about 03/09/2012

FP Date : 03/28/2012

EAD/AP Approved : 03/13/2012

EAD Card Production Ordered : 3/15/2012

AOS (485): Waiting

Case Update

Category- EB2

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center (NSC)

Country-India

Myself: Primary Applicant

Wife: Dependent

Current in January 2012 Bulletin

Applied 485, 765, 131: Jan 4th 2012

Acceptance Notice Date: Jan 6th 2012

Finger Printing Notice Date: Feb 1st 2012

Finger Printing Done: Feb 16th 2012

EAD/AP Approved: Feb 14th 2012

EAD/AP Combo Card Received: Feb 18th 2012

485 approved for both Primary and spouse: March 15, 2012

Card send : March 17, 2012