221g Pink Slips

delvisaoct

Hey Guys,

Please share you 221g Pink slip experiences here. My wife attended her H4 visa interview on 13th Dec 2011 and was given a pink slip. We emailed the documents on 14th Dec and received the confirmation on 15th Dec, 2011 that they received the documents for further processing. It has been close to 3 weeks now and we are waiting for the response.

Please share your experiences. It feels like we are inside a dark tunnel and don't know where to go. Please share your info here.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I went for visa on Interview on Jan 17th, 2012. It was for H1B visa renewal. It was my 3rd H1B visa renewal. Everytime i went for H1B visa renewal, i got 221 g. It means starting from 2007, i have seen three 221 g forms.

221 g - 2007 - Yellow - It got cleared in 4 days. VO did not keep the passport.

221 g - 2010 - Pink - It got clear in 16 days. VO did not keep the passport

221 g - 2012 - Pink - waiting VO said that visa is approved and kepy my passport but gave me 221 g form too. This form had the same questions as it were on 2010 221 g.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I attended my H-1B Visa Interview at Chennai consulate.

Date of Interview: 27th Jan 2012

Consulate: Chennai

Common Muslim Name: Yes

VO said "everythin looks approvable but you have go through a final step", handed me a 221(g) PINK SLIP and asked me to wait for my token number to reappear on the screen.

I was called to a different window where an Indian lady was sitting.

VO: Have you visited any other countries except US? ( I already have F-1 visa)

Me: No

VO: What is the name of your previous employer?

Me: XXXX

VO: Do you have any old passports?

VO: How many siblings?

Their names, where do they live?

VO: Your case requires further administrative processing. I am holding your passport. it will take approximately 4-6 weeks.

My case status still shows "PENDING PROCESS"

Any idea how long this will take?

• 3 weeks later...

H1b story

1. Got green 221g aug 2nd week 2011 chennai emp ven client

2. Submitted response sep week 2011

3. Got blue 221g oct 3rd week 2nd request asking to notarize few docs submitted (lazy employer didn’t do initially)

4. Withdrew petition@Consulate from emp ven client

5. Reappeared for the another interview with direct employer (top employer in the world) during oct 3rd week

6. Got pink slip (they are wasting papers, isn’t it!!!) after the same vo stating that everything is good and give your passport (can’t hate me more because of the religion I belong to!!! as well the weightage of the employer-employer says you idiot give em the visa asap)

7. Sent to Another Indian lady VO for additional admin processing, she gave the actual Pink 221g (so don’t think Indians there can help you)

After 5.5 weeks, VISA GOT APPROVED, STAMPED, LIVING PEACEFULLY IN THE USA THAN IN INDIA NOW.

fyi: 1st h1b took 15 months to get stamped.

make your decision based on the story here.

Hi guys,

I attended my H-1B Visa Interview at Chennai consulate.

Date of Interview: 27th Jan 2012

Consulate: Chennai

Common Muslim Name: Yes

VO said "everythin looks approvable but you have go through a final step", handed me a 221(g) PINK SLIP and asked me to wait for my token number to reappear on the screen.

I was called to a different window where an Indian lady was sitting.

VO: Have you visited any other countries except US? ( I already have F-1 visa)

VO: What is the name of your previous employer?

Me: XXXX

VO: Do you have any old passports?

VO: How many siblings?

Their names, where do they live?

VO: Your case requires further administrative processing. I am holding your passport. it will take approximately 4-6 weeks.

My case status still shows "PENDING PROCESS"

Any idea how long this will take?

you got visa.......

Hi guys, I attended my H-1B Visa Interview at Chennai consulate. Date of Interview: 27th Jan 2012 Consulate: Chennai Common Muslim Name: Yes VO said "everythin looks approvable but you have go through a final step", handed me a 221(g) PINK SLIP and asked me to wait for my token number to reappear on the screen. I was called to a different window where an Indian lady was sitting. VO: Have you visited any other countries except US? ( I already have F-1 visa) Me: No VO: What is the name of your previous employer? Me: XXXX VO: Do you have any old passports? Me: No VO: How many siblings? Their names, where do they live? VO: Your case requires further administrative processing. I am holding your passport. it will take approximately 4-6 weeks. My case status still shows "PENDING PROCESS" Any idea how long this will take?

Hi

I am also in same situation

Interview : H1 and H4

Date of Interview : Feb 17,2012 Chennai

Common Muslim Name : Yes

My Visa was cleared and my case was put under admin processing, they said it would take 8-10 months

As per my knowledge now a days it was taking maximux 4 weeks to issue passport.

Please let us know once you get your visa stamped

Congratulations Syed !!

I appeared for the H1 and H4 at new delhi embassy on 22nd Feb. Both of us were given pink letter 221(g) for admin processing. They asked for invitation letter and a brief descriptions of points listed on the pink letter in MS word format .

This is my 2nd H1B stamping, my wife's first. Mine is an ongoing job for 4 years. So I am not sure if I was required to send the invitation letter. If yes should I get it from my employer and send it now. Same for my wife's H4. Am I required to submit an invitation letter for her. I guess my wife's letter should come from me.

I appeared on 22nd feb. I assume it should take same time as yours. Does approval time take about the for all the embassies or is it embassy to embassy dependent?

Keeping fingers crossed. Good luck to you guys and myself.

Archived