H4 Visa: Jan 3, 2011 Passport Retained Pink Slip Issued

Glady

My wife went for H4 Visa interview on Jan 3, 2011 and a pink slip was issued. Here is how it went.

VO: Where will you be going?

Wife: City, State

VO: Do you have your son's (US Citizen) passport?

Wife: Here you go

VO: How long is your husband with the company?

Wife: X years

VO: When did he go to the US?

Wife: Year xxxx

VO: How long have you been married?

Wife: For Y years

VO: Is the company Govt.organization or Govt. Institution?

Wife: The company is .... doing...........

VO: How much is he earning?

Wife: xxx$/Year

VO: Do you have his recent pay stub?

Wife: Here you go

VO: Everything looks fine and the visa is approvable

VO: Typing again in the system

VO: Sorry I shouldn't have said that. Your visa needs additional admin processing and issued a pink slip.

After that my wife was called to another counter where she handed the passport. After checking in the system, she asked details about her sister and brother (name, age, where they live). Then she filled the case number in the form and asked to check in 2-4 weeks.

Last time when the VO said 2 weeks it took 6 months for us to get the visa; I am not sure how long it's going to take this time. Anyone in similar situation?

We are in the same situation...My wife went for her interview on 13 dec 2011 and we submitted the docs on 14th Dec 2011. We received the reply on 15th Dec 2011 that they received the documents for processing. Its been almost 3 weeks now and I we are still waiting. My wife did her Phd in biology so thats why they gave her pink slip. They asked docs like her resume, publications and invitation letter. So just fingers crossed right now and waiting to get the approval.

What information can I get from DOS? I tired calling them last week and was told that it's under processing. What do you mean by internal investigation? I have friends whose wives were given pink slips and they were approved in 3 weeks. So I don't know what to expect and what not to expect. This is scary.

My wife attended the H4 Visa Interview 5th January. The VO asked couple of questions:

VO: What is the name of the Company your husband working for?

Wife: XYZ company

VO: can you show the paystubs?

Wife: showed recent paystubs.

VO: We are not able to verify petition details in our database.

VO took the passport and asked to checkin with VFS in a week regarding the status.

He also handed over 221(g) blue form with the following checked,

"Your petition is not currently reflected in the PIMS database. Processing of your case will be suspended until we can verify you petition details"

Any idea when PIMS will be updated with petition details?

Anyone in similar situation?, please help.

Here is the link and excerpt from the state deparement website

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1271.html

PIMS Processing Update

If there’s a chance a beneficiary of a petition needs to obtain a visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate after the petitioner requests a change of status, extension of status, or amendment to the original petition it is advisable that the petitioner submit 2 copies of the updated petition with the original signatures on all forms to USCIS. When submitting the 2 copies of the updated petition it is encouraged to identify one of them with a brightly colored cover sheet with the notation “Please send this copy to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) upon approval”. Once approved, USCIS will then forward the marked copy of the updated petition to KCC for scanning and entry into the PIMS database where the U.S. Embassy or Consulate will be able to access the updated petition.

Normally the USCIS sends a copy of the petition after a decision is based to Kentuck CC so that they can upload into the PIMS database. My understanding is that the consulate will send a notification to PIMS to update the petition and once it's done your visa shoud be proocessed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks delvisaoct,

And Glady thanks for this information. Do I need to request my employer(petitioner) now to send 2 copies of the updated petition with the original signatures to USCIS ".....with a brightly colored cover sheet with the notation “Please send this copy to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) upon approval” ?

Hi Everyone

My wife attended H4 visa interview on Nov 21 st(HYD visa consulate) and she was given the pink slip to submit the documents , we submitted the documents on dec 23 rd . I am not able to see the case number online . please let me know how long it will take to hear some reponse from the consulate ppl.

My wife H1 visa is rejected last year after 6 month of admin processing she attended her H1 visa stamping in April 2011 and they responded Sep 2011 ending saying that h1 is rejected because lack of employee and employer relationship and then we applied for H4 in Nov now that one is also in Admin processing :(

Archived