Successful Visa Stamping at Ottawa Jan 3rd 2012

toobrown

First of all a Very Happy New Year to you guys!

Just came back from the Ottawa embassy and so wanted to share my experience with this community.

a few details about me

a) Went for Beyond 6th yr extension.

b) I have an approved I-140.

c) Presently working on EVC module.

d) Canadian Permanent Resident.

I had my appointment at 8:30 AM and reached the embassy at around 8:10 AM. After the usual security check, went inside the embassy and there was a gentleman standing, who asked for my passport, H1B approval notice and DS 160 confirmation page.

He then routed me to window # 7. At window # 7, I was asked for my, status is Canada (showed my PR card) and my employer letter(employment verification letter)

I was then given 2 laminated cards. One had my number on it and then other card had some instructions on it.

Once my number was called, I went to window # 4 and was asked to provide my finger prints.

After the finger prints, I waited for about 20 minutes, for my number to be announced again and then was directed to window # 3.

This is the exact conversation I had with the visa officer (VO)

VO: How are you?

Me: Fine, happy new year!

VO: Wish you the same.

VO: What do you work as?

Me: I work as a XXX with XXX (my company). Presently working for XXX (Client name)

VO: How long have you been working for XXX (my company)

Me: X yrs

VO: Do you have a letter from your client?

Me: Yes. (Pulled the letter)

VO: Okay. Do you have a passport size snap?

Me: Yes. Gave him a passport sized snap.

VO then started typing something......

VO: Your visa is approved.

He then provided me with a paper with instructions on how to track my passport delivery.

I am now waiting for my passport.

Super smooth process. Was in and out in under 50 minutes.

FYI, there was no PIMS verification done in my case. I did ask my lawyer about it, and he said that I should be okay.

Do let me know if you guys have any questions. Will be more than happy to help you.

Good Luck to everyone, who is planning to attend their interview.

Congratz on your visa and thanks for sharing your experience.

Your interview went pretty well, but 2 others who attended today got 221g based on the forum. Did the Chinese guy interviewed you?

AVasi

I am not sure if he was a asian guy. He looked more white than asian....sorry, I am not a racist

Hey toobrown,

I only asked that question as I understand from other posts that chinese VO is really tough to handle. That was my only intention dude..no racism from my end at all.

Avasi

avasi36: i was just kidding. Yesterday there was only one guy interviewing everyone, well atleast till the time I was there. As earlier mentioned, I am not sure if he was an asian guy or a white guy. I know for a fact that he did gave out approvals to everyone ahead of me, except of one guy who was a sound technician and am not sure if he was there for a H1

Thank you for sharing your experience toobrown!

Do you have any checklist before going to Stamping. If you have any checklist can you please share with me or can you send me a copy to karumajji at gmail

Congratulations!

Hi JayDallas

There is no checklist. Just make sure you carry all your documents with you. Like in my case, I came to US on F1 visa and so had to carry all my F1 documents along with my OPT card etc. If you are working on a EVC module, make sure you carry letters from your client, vendor and employer. Nothing hifi but the letters should clearly state your name along with your title and job responsibilities. Good Luck

First of all a Very Happy New Year to you guys!

Just came back from the Ottawa embassy and so wanted to share my experience with this community.

a few details about me

a) Went for Beyond 6th yr extension.

b) I have an approved I-140.

c) Presently working on EVC module.

d) Canadian Permanent Resident.

I had my appointment at 8:30 AM and reached the embassy at around 8:10 AM. After the usual security check, went inside the embassy and there was a gentleman standing, who asked for my passport, H1B approval notice and DS 160 confirmation page.

He then routed me to window # 7. At window # 7, I was asked for my, status is Canada (showed my PR card) and my employer letter(employment verification letter)

I was then given 2 laminated cards. One had my number on it and then other card had some instructions on it.

Once my number was called, I went to window # 4 and was asked to provide my finger prints.

After the finger prints, I waited for about 20 minutes, for my number to be announced again and then was directed to window # 3.

This is the exact conversation I had with the visa officer (VO)

VO: How are you?

Me: Fine, happy new year!

VO: Wish you the same.

VO: What do you work as?

Me: I work as a XXX with XXX (my company). Presently working for XXX (Client name)

VO: How long have you been working for XXX (my company)

Me: X yrs

VO: Do you have a letter from your client?

Me: Yes. (Pulled the letter)

VO: Okay. Do you have a passport size snap?

Me: Yes. Gave him a passport sized snap.

VO then started typing something......

VO: Your visa is approved.

He then provided me with a paper with instructions on how to track my passport delivery.

I am now waiting for my passport.

Super smooth process. Was in and out in under 50 minutes.

FYI, there was no PIMS verification done in my case. I did ask my lawyer about it, and he said that I should be okay.

Do let me know if you guys have any questions. Will be more than happy to help you.

Good Luck to everyone, who is planning to attend their interview.

@toobrown, Congratulations for pain free stamping. Can u pls post the client letter format you had?

• 3 weeks later...

@toobrown, Congratulations for pain free stamping. Can u pls post the client letter format you had?

I did not get any special client letter. First of all make sure your client understands the purpose of the letter. The letter needs to be on the client letterhead. It should specify the following: Your name, title, start date @ client site and a few roles and responsibilities. Make sure your immediate manager signs it and includes his/her contact details.

Hope this helps

Hi All,

I am planing to go Ottawa for H1 stamping. Can you please share Canada vistor visa process.

Thanks,

Good luck with your stamping. As posted, I am a canadian permanent resident and so did not require any canadian visa to enter Canada. Please refer to the forum on people's experience with obtaining visitor's visa for Canada.

Archived