Need help regarding Client Letter for H1B stamping

Virus777

Hi, I am working in India as a Software Engineer and I bagged an offer in US, my new Employer from US has filed my H1 Petition and it got approved. I have schedule Visa appointment in hyderabad and it is in next month Jan 2012, I have some questions regarding the documents i need to carry, my Employer has sent me a Verification letter specifying that I was hired as XXXXXX and offered a permanent Position. He didn't mention anything about the Client for whom I am going to work, I am worried if Visa Officer asks for Client letter and regarding the project that I am going to work there. I asked my Employer regarding this but I got an answer that as I am a direct employee i don't need any Client letter.

Can anyone please let me know in which case does Visa officer ask for Client letter, by looking at my case can anyone tell me into which category do i fall EVC or EC.

Please help me in this

Thanks.

Virus777,

You can come to know about your model, by verifying your LCA & I129 packet. Where your employer needs to mention about Location and client. If it states as In-house project, then you need the project details and Information. If you are working for some other client as implementation partners, then you will fall into EC model. Where you can get a contract agreement between your employer and client. If you work to client through a preferred vendor, then you are in EVC model. where you need a client letter, vendor letter and contracts between E-V-C.

First, ask your Employer to provide all documents and do a simple google search abt documents and stated numbers (Ex LCA, I129) info and ask all your questions to your employer. What should i answer for these questions, If Vo raises in interview.

Virus777,

You can come to know about your model, by verifying your LCA & I129 packet. Where your employer needs to mention about Location and client. If it states as In-house project, then you need the project details and Information. If you are working for some other client as implementation partners, then you will fall into EC model. Where you can get a contract agreement between your employer and client. If you work to client through a preferred vendor, then you are in EVC model. where you need a client letter, vendor letter and contracts between E-V-C.

First, ask your Employer to provide all documents and do a simple google search abt documents and stated numbers (Ex LCA, I129) info and ask all your questions to your employer. What should i answer for these questions, If Vo raises in interview.

Thanks for the reply, after doing some research I cam to know mine is EC type, I don't need any Client letter, I have Employment Authorization letter with me already which is enough for my case

If you work for a client on a project, you would still need a client letter, confirming that the project indeed exists.

Yeah I have a letter depicting the relation between my employer and client, but it doesn't tell any thing regarding the duration of the project and that letter is signed in 2009.

Is this letter enough? or do i need to have any other letter telling the duration of the project

Yeah I have a letter depicting the relation between my employer and client, but it doesn't tell any thing regarding the duration of the project and that letter is signed in 2009. Is this letter enough? or do i need to have any other letter telling the duration of the project

A 2009 letter is definitely not sufficient. You need to have a current letter from your client and employer and those letters should mention the duration of your assignment, either the end date or tentative date a year down the line stating that project will likely/possibly be extended.

Archived