Strange! Please Help - an amended notice on this case was mailed after 1.5 months of approval

JulyNewRegular

I had received my H1B approval on 11/01/2011 as below under 2012 quota, that we had filled 07/12/2011.

It is a Direct Company Hire

Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On November 1, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Now, I have received an USCIS mail with the following message today 8:00 PM CST -

Your Case Status: Acceptance

On December 20, 2011, an amended notice on this case was mailed describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on the notice. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. If this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During the acceptance step USCIS reviews newly received applications and petitions to ensure that they are properly filed (i.e. signed by the applicant, appropriate fees, etc.) USCIS issues a receipt number for the application or petition, and sends a receipt notice to the applicant or petitioner.

Applications and petitions that are not properly filed are rejected with an explanation of why the application is rejected and the corrective action needed. Rejected applications or petitions do not retain their filing date.

The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received. With mail time it may take several weeks for you to get the receipt or rejection notice in the mail. If you do not receive your notice within 30 days of mailing your application, please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Your earliest response would be highly appreciable.

WAS that a new h1b or extension?

Amendment can only be filed by attorney or employer. So the best person to ask is your attorney.

It was new H1B (L1->H1 CoS).

We have received an "amended approval notice" with I-94 having new dates (period), But the status has not changed online. My attorney said there is no issue, since, we have approval as well as amended approval.

How reliable the online status is? Any idea?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

im also in same boat.

Your Case Status: Acceptance

On january 20, 2012, an amended notice on this case was mailed describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on the notice. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. If this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During the acceptance step USCIS reviews newly received applications and petitions to ensure that they are properly filed (i.e. signed by the applicant, appropriate fees, etc.) USCIS issues a receipt number for the application or petition, and sends a receiptnotice to the applicant or petitioner.

Applications and petitions that are not properly filed are rejected with an explanation of why the application is rejected and the corrective action needed. Rejected applications or petitions do not retain their filing date.

The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received. With mail time it may take several weeks for you to get the receipt or rejection notice in the mail. If you do not receive your notice within 30 days of mailing your application, please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

"Is that amended approval notice or some thing else"

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gandraghav ,

Did you got any information about your amendment, My lawyer requested for the amendment in start date ,

Mine H1 transfer, USCIS by mistake gave start date as - 23-Feb-2012, we requested start date as immediate as (23-jan-2012),

we got notice as you got above on 30-Jan-2012. My H1B transfer was premium or they going to delay the amendment ?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I am also same situation. I received approval mail on March 10th for my h1B extension. On March 18th I received mail like

Amended notice received:

On March 18, 2016, we sent you an amended notice describing how we will process your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker,  It is being processed at our Vermont Service Center location. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your amended notice by April 17, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

As you have received this kind of message long back. Hope you migt have some idea. Appreciate your response pls.

Archived