Is Affidavit required to be on stamp paper?

forum.user

I am trying to get the affidavits for Birth certificate.

Do I need to take the Affidavits on the stamp paper or just normal A4 size paper with notary?

Thanks in advance.

It doesnot matter if its a stamp paper or plain paper. It has to be notarized where your parents

are currrent living (even if it is temporary residence).

Good Luck,

Paddu.

Stamp paper fees has changed in India in recent past. I guess it should not matter, as long as, it was the valid value at the time when you got it done.

I'm current now and I got the affidavit in stamp paper couple of years ago. But it's not Rs.50, it is lesser amount.

Is that ok?

I recently asked for affidavits Birth Certificate for me and my spouse. It was done in Maharashtra, India. This was done at two different towns based on resisdence. Both Notaries insisted to have it done on 100 Rs stamp paper. I think everyone is making money including state govt there. There is specific value required by USCIS. If it is done here in USA, it can be even on plain white paper. In grand picture, stamp value of rs 100 or 20 or 50 won't matter but timing will. I initially got that scan and emailed to me. However using Indian postal service, we got original also. It was a very good experience. In close Rs 600 cost, it was delivered to my house personally and you get tracking information all along. (Only updated once a night)

Archived